ReWind P.A.F. Pickups

RocketKing

Reaction score
Thanks RK, very interesting view in light of the 59 Tribute love one sees so much of. My Trad ‘14 was my second Les Paul ever (purchased stock in 2015, and first Gibson, I now have 4 LOL) and back then I didn’t know squat about electronics.... I just wanted to get my first to sound like it’s (stock, zingy and bell clear) Edwards predecessor ,,, numerous pickup swaps later I settled on the current combo (see sig) but it was only way more recently that I saw how a top harness improved a couple of other bland and muddy stock Gibby Pauls. I purchased.
Now I’m curious if I should buy another harness and give the Tribute 59s another college try.... but £100 per harness does add up and I’ve pretty much have all my guitars sounding almost exactly how I want them. Thing is, I dunno if I should sell the Tributes or keep them (buy another harness) and continue what now is a slightly redundant tone quest!!

Apologies OP and all for veering slightly off topic.
In my experience Gibson stock pick ups are ok... At best.
Everybody has their own preference and that's fine. If it works for you, that's great.
Having said that I believe that all the superlatives come from people who have very little if not 0 experience with aftermarket boutique pick ups.
I only realized after the swap that the 59s were nothing special, despite liking them initially.
And I kept them for 4 years before the change so it definitely wasn't an impulsive change.
I say go for a good harness with 500k all round and 0.22 tone caps.
Whatever vintage style paf set you will try in the future will work well with that baseline covered

Angus Blackmore

Reaction score
In my experience Gibson stock pick ups are ok... At best.
Everybody has their own preference and that's fine. If it works for you, that's great.
Having said that I believe that all the superlatives come from people who have very little if not 0 experience with aftermarket boutique pick ups.
I only realized after the swap that the 59s were nothing special, despite liking them initially.
And I kept them for 4 years before the change so it definitely wasn't an impulsive change.
I say go for a good harness with 500k all round and 0.22 tone caps.
Whatever vintage style paf set you will try in the future will work well with that baseline covered
Thanks RK and in total agreement. I have a mid heavy, round sounding chambered Les Paul Standard 2009 and due to guitar’s warm inherent tone, the usually ice picky and brittle stock Bursbucker Pro bridge sounded great, but the matching BB Pro neck sounded muddy and woolly now matter how I configured the pickup and pole heights. The Obsidian Wire loom (550K) and BKP Rebell Yell set fixed that (yet the obsessive in me still wonders about the RYn).

Back to the topic at hand!

Has anyone compared Monty’s PAF with ReWinds PAF?

L96A1

Reaction score
I enjoy taling to James as well as his pickups.

Latest Threads