Reverb is becoming a F$$$ing JOKE

brentrocks

Guitar Hack
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I received my second purchase in a row from reverb, that was listed in “excellent” condition.

And then it shows up in S&&T condition.

And the seller will say that I’m responsible for return shipping.

And the seller will say “it must have happened in shipping” so that he can fall back on Reverbs “shipping protection program”.

And now reverb will try to get me to take a partial refund to shut me up.

It’s getting to the point where you can’t trust anything at all anymore.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Yeah, I went to reverb the other day to check out some PRS semi-hollows. They didn’t have any but I saw a 2012 Orianthi SE model for $1300, and I paid $709 for mine new back then. So Korean (and other Asian) made guitars don’t appreciate in value? Somebody tell that to this seller.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Right, and that is strange that Etsy drug reverb down. Because we have ordered some “artsy” stuff from Etsy, and even when there was a problem, it was quickly fixed.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went to reverb the other day to check out some PRS semi-hollows. They didn’t have any but I saw a 2012 Orianthi SE model for $1300, and I paid $709 for mine new back then. So Korean (and other Asian) made guitars don’t appreciate in value? Somebody tell that to this seller.
Takin advantage that NO ONE has much new stock right now, nor for awhile..

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Takin advantage that NO ONE has much new stock right now, nor for awhile..
I have noticed that, but don’t really know why. Sweetwater has a nice PRS SE semi-hollow on their site, but their order isn’t going to arrive for two months. Same problem, but worse, for those looking for a new vehicle. Looks like some manufacturers need to get their acts together.

DotStudio

Reaction score
I have noticed that, but don’t really know why. Sweetwater has a nice PRS SE semi-hollow on their site, but their order isn’t going to arrive for two months. Same problem, but worse, for those looking for a new vehicle. Looks like some manufacturers need to get their acts together.
There's this little global pandemic that shut down the supply chain for half a year. That may be a contributor.

sonar1

Reaction score
There's this little global pandemic that shut down the supply chain for half a year. That may be a contributor.
Not to mention the Suez Canal container vessel that had EVERYTHING EVER MADE onboard when it got stuck (well, maybe the 300 other vessels had a couple items too).
Any excuse in a guano storm.

E.T.

Reaction score
Yarp. I have a theory, in the form of an infinitely repeating musical coda:

||: 7.7% goes to Reverb in fees, which the buyer wants to recoup when they sell, which contributes to an increase in "market value" as the site tracks actual sale prices, out of which :||

Everything on there seems to me to be at least 20% overpriced at present.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I’ve learned in my almost 49 years on Earth that approximately 91.8% of businesses will NOT provide good customer service. Once they have your money...FU
Yes, some are just like that. Thankfully, some are aren’t. As our location is rather remote, we had to do much online ordering even before the pandemic. So we searched and found the credit card that will quickly reverse a charge on a purchase not as represented. It is AmEx Platinum. We can actually get them on the phone, if needed. In fact, it has reversed more charge at times than was justified, and we had to call and correct the matter. We do not order remotely from any seller that won’t accept this card.

the main customer service problem we have experienced is with merchants not manning their CS phone lines, resulting in loooong waits to speak with a rep. After a 15 minute wait, I just hang up and reverse the charge through AmEx. This always gets resolution.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He knows that. Or should.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
He knows that. Or should.
Yes, I know much about it, but can‘t discuss it very much here due to forum rules — so I won’t. But I hope I can say that it is high time for manufacturers to find ways to supply their products and CS in ways fitting of the current situation without unreasonable delays. Manufacturing and CS business don‘t make any money (at least not from me) if the don’t supply the product and/or service. In the meantime, their CEOs are raking in millions while their companies are doing little but pissing us off. Sorry to say this, but I could get any of these companies goods/services delivered if they would appoint me CEO for a measly $1M / year — refundable if I don’t perform. Any guitar or car makers want to accept my challenge? I thought not!

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
My PRS ordered in March of 2020 showed up at the end of October 2020. It was literally built two weeks before it showed up on my doorstep.

fry

Reaction score
In my experience on both reverb and eBay, they step up and help quite a bit if the item is not as described. I’ve never had them not take my side in that situation. In person buying and selling would be ideal, of course, but it’s just not realistic for many of us.

pnuggett

Reaction score
My PRS ordered in March of 2020 showed up at the end of October 2020. It was literally built two weeks before it showed up on my doorstep.

Demand went up when Dentist appointments went down.

rxbandit

Reaction score
I've only had good experiences with Reverb, can't really complain. Lots of overpriced stuff for sure, but with a little hunting there are deals to be had

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Man, that’s a long time! In my case I don’t really need the guitar, so whatever. And on the subject of shortages, we have a weird one in my town. There is a shortage of houses for sale, many buyers, and prices are through the roof — up about 50% over last year.

Latest Threads