Reverb Bought Out By Etsy

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Etsy transaction fees are 5%. Their payment fees are 3%. Reverb also caps transaction fees to $350. I don't believe Etsy has a cap.
They do,, but it's one of those faggoty British tweed caps.

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I guess this is why Reverb started charging tax last week on my purchases. I guess it's back to ebay for me
I think the Internet tax thing is happening, we’re just going to have to learn to deal with it. I just ordered a B stock cabinet from Sweetwater yesterday, I just quickly clicked through the checkout using PayPal. I am in Ohio, they are in Indiana. I got it today, and only after I opened it and looked at the paperwork, I noticed they charged me tax. I probably would not have pulled the trigger had I noticed it before. Not quite as good a deal with the tax.

Bud Stoner

Premium Member
Reaction score
They charge tax at zZounds as well. I like them and their pay options, and if I have to pay tax, I have to pay tax.

It was going to happen sooner or later, and now later is finally here.

joesatch

Reaction score
Honestly dont understand the need to tax used items. Taxes were already paid when the item was purchased new by the first owner

DotStudio

Reaction score
Honestly dont understand the need to tax used items. Taxes were already paid when the item was purchased new by the first owner
Also, don't forget to pay the capital gains tax on the guitar you sell that went up in value since you bought it simply by existing.

rialcnis

Reaction score
I just got the email from them last week that they were going to start charging tax in a handful of states, my state is not on the list just yet.

With this latest news, I can finally look forward to my dream guitar, a bedazzled Les Paul!
View attachment 394804
Very pretty. What is that glassy material?

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Our Forfathers would have been burying bodies by now. We are tax slaves..dont pay, lose your possessions and do prison time.
Fortunately we can still do cash sales.