Revenge and the Human Brain

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Dayum! Wish I'd thought of that before leaving FL. :hmm:

Oh yeah... everybody who lives north of Lake Okeechobee tends to look at that which lies south of the pond to be a foreign country of some sort... and never mind the guys in the Conch Republic or the Panhandle. Neither group seems to be willing to recognize the rest of the state as having anything to do with them!

And they're probably right about that, too... :laugh2:

I apologize for not making my meaning clear. I was referring to your earlier comment about federal involvement. But, curiously, Florida sounds a lot like Oregon when it comes to tribalism within the state. There are parts of this state that most of us refer to as "California" instead of Oregon. :laugh2:

Ironically, it sorta goes back to your op, but I never considered any of it as revenge so much as justice. :naughty:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sometimes, there's a bit of crossover effect in that sort of thing... :hmm:

True dat! In this case justice was served twice; once when we recovered something that had been taken and again, a few years later, when the protagonist finally got his just deserts. He was shot dead while in the process of brutalizing yet another woman. Good riddance. (that's some of that there schadenfreude I believe)

Man, it's gotten so bad a guy needs a friggin' lawyer just to claim his prize. :laugh2::laugh2:

We ain't seen the end of it yet, I don't think...

You remember the rant from The Devil's Advocate? At one point Pacino's lines went like this:

"Cause the law... puts us into everything. It's the ultimate backstage pass-- it's the new priesthood, baby! Did you know there are more students in law school then there are lawyers on the earth -we're comin out, guns blazin!"

Talked to the guys at VCJ last night... bad news: looks like your trip is off.

No room in the jail!

Trust me: you're glad you didn't show. There ain't nothin' around here but palmetto bugs and lunatics to begin with. And the only thing worse to eat than anything off Ernie's Dawg Truck© would be a Lucky Dog, which you get in New Orleans.

I've seen those kill a guy in just minutes...

--R :D

You'll be hearing from my attorney! :laugh2::laugh2:

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
My mom took me to the theater to see YF during its first run. I must have walked around saying "Abby Someone..." for a week.

My entire family speaks in the Young Frankenstein vernacular:

No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."

No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."

He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.

Put... the candle... back!

My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course the rates have gone up.

Would the doctor care for a... brandy before retiring?...Some varm milk... perhaps?...Ovaltine?

(I use this one all the time when talking to my kids!)
For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius.

From that fateful day when stinking bits of slime first crawled from the sea and shouted to the cold stars, "I am man.", our greatest dread has always been the knowledge of our mortality. But tonight, we shall hurl the gauntlet of science into the frightful face of death itself. Tonight, we shall ascend into the heavens. We shall mock the earthquake. We shall command the thunders, and penetrate into the very womb of impervious nature herself.

What knockers!

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
My mom took me to the theater to see YF during its first run. I must have walked around saying "Abby Someone..." for a week.
I was an adult..but my kids grew up with it on VHS and DVD. Around our house if one of the kids were out of control, the catchphrase was.."give him the sedagive!" :laugh2:

Cruznolfart

Reaction score

My grandfather used to work for your grandfather. Of course the rates have gone up.

Would the doctor care for a... brandy before retiring?...Some varm milk... perhaps?...Ovaltine?

For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius.

From that fateful day when stinking bits of slime first crawled from the sea and shouted to the cold stars, "I am man.", our greatest dread has always been the knowledge of our mortality. But tonight, we shall hurl the gauntlet of science into the frightful face of death itself. Tonight, we shall ascend into the heavens. We shall mock the earthquake. We shall command the thunders, and penetrate into the very womb of impervious nature herself.

What knockers!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Wautjgon8]YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN-WHAT HUMP?HD - YouTube[/ame]

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I don't see any derailment here.
The thread has progressed from it's original point, to where people have been discussing the nuances of languages, English or otherwise. :)

Or at least that was where it was, when I last posted here.
Um...that was a disclaimer for legal purposes. Frigg has got hisself into trouble of late.

Tone deaf

Reaction score

What knockers!

I watched it, again, a couple nights ago.

One of the greatest deliveries, ever caught on celluloid:

Cloris Leachman: "...Ovaltine?"

I also love:

"What knockers!"

"Vy thank you, doctor."

Nicky

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTw1lzxTAis]'young frankenstein' what knockers! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SuywOociY]Young Frankenstein - Ovaltine - YouTube[/ame]

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I apologize for not making my meaning clear. I was referring to your earlier comment about federal involvement. But, curiously, Florida sounds a lot like Oregon when it comes to tribalism within the state. There are parts of this state that most of us refer to as "California" instead of Oregon. :laugh2:

I know what you mean!

Florida is really like four or five different small kingdoms or something... you've got the Conch Republic guys, down in the Keys and in select parts of Collier County... they're a breed all their own. Then there's the whole South Florida thing, which is everything from Lake Okeechobee to the Conch Republic. Central Florida, where I live, is what I tend to think of as Old Florida. There are a few very old people here who still remember the times when the "settlers" came in. You'd think that they'd use that term to apply to those who lived in the state in the 18th and 19th Century, but no: they're talking about people who came here during the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl Era... these are the people who ultimately came to be the Florida Crackers.

And then, of course, there's the Panhandle. Despite the presence of Tallahassee in this region, the Panhandle is the least Florida-like part of Florida. Essentially, it's more like Alabama-Georgia South. Central Florida would just as soon give the place away to those two states... but Georgia and Alabama (wisely) will have nothing to do with the idea... :laugh2:

And then finally there's the coastal areas-- a ring around the whole state. Five miles deep or so... and completely full of retirees, neo-carpetbaggers, and other such types who hail mainly from the northern states. These folks tend to live in subdivisions and such-- and almost never dare to visit "real" Florida on the grounds that none of us actually give a crap about their endless suggestions as to why we should turn the state into yet another "progressive" hellhole full of people who refuse to mind their own business. They seem content to bicker with one another endlessly at their HOA meetings and such, though. Our Cracker-types tend to repel them almost effortlessly... you should see the sheer horror on the faces of the coastal dweller's faces when they get a load of some of the guys this state produced! :laugh2:

True dat! In this case justice was served twice; once when we recovered something that had been taken and again, a few years later, when the protagonist finally got his just deserts. He was shot dead while in the process of brutalizing yet another woman. Good riddance. (that's some of that there schadenfreude I believe)

I do believe you're on the money about this, Cruz! :D

You'll be hearing from my attorney! :laugh2::laugh2:

Dammit!

8 track. I said it was rare.

8 track!

Man.. .that's so nearly... antediluvian!

I cringe to think of how old I'm getting to be. I remember when they first came out!

Thanks, bud! :mad:

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
I
don't
hear any
fat ladies singing.....

So we can continue to re-position the rails anyhow Rob allows.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Mel Brooks and his merry band of Gene Wilder, Cloris Leachman, Madeline Kahn and Harvey Korman made a few of the all-time funniest movies, IMO. YF, High Anxiety and Blazing Saddles all keep me in stitches, to this day.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I
don't
hear any
fat ladies singing.....

So we can continue to re-position the rails anyhow Rob allows.

Oh, I have no control over this one-- or much of anything else, actually... :hmm:

I almost feel like issuing some sort of legal disclaimer, especially with Cruz up there all lawsuit-happy and everything...

Perhaps a warning sign would do, though... I can see it now:

Chaos Ahead: Proceed at Your Own Risk!

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Mel Brooks and his merry band of Gene Wilder, Cloris Leachman, Madeline Kahn and Harvey Korman made a few of the all-time funniest movies, IMO. YF, High Anxiety and Blazing Saddles all keep me in stitches, to this day.

And who could forget "Oh, piss-boy!" :laugh2::laugh2:

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
1000px-New_Zealand_PW-59.svg_.png

Nicky

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0VNHe5fq30]What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports?.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Oh, I have no control over this one-- or much of anything else, actually... :hmm:

I almost feel like issuing some sort of legal disclaimer, especially with Cruz up there all lawsuit-happy and everything...

Perhaps a warning sign would do, though... I can see it now:

Chaos Ahead: Proceed at Your Own Risk!

Personally I think you should rename the thread 'Revenge of the Human Brain'. Sounds like an old school scifi flick. Ala Mel Brooks. :dude:

Latest Threads