Revenge and the Human Brain

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...Actually portuguese is a so rich language that we have words for everything then sometimes I fail to remember that english has not the same flexibility. I apologize again.

Rude. English is a truly beautiful and magnificent language, and rich beyond measure.

...English has words for everything, too. Which is why it's the global lingua franca. Not Portugese. :laugh2:

Rude. Making fun of Portugese in response to your disparaging comments about English.

...Make some research and learn a bit more about some historic facts of your own native language.

Rude, and ironic. The correct syntax is "Do some research...", incidentally. You assume that I'm not well-studied on the history of English. I am, very much so.

The English word for Schadenfreude is...wait for it...Schadenfreude.

schadenfreude: definition of schadenfreude in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)

My polite response.

...You just don't want to admit that was catch.

More rudeness, and more irony. You're imputing motives to me that do not apply. Your error was likely a typo.

No, I think you're a dolt who doesn't understand the nature of the English language. :laugh2:

Should I argue that your language is just a bastardized version of Latin?

Rude response to your rude post.

So when you don't have more arguments your way out is to start offend your counterpart? OK, I got you now.

By that logic, you had no argument to begin with, as our discussion started with your attempt to insult English and glorify Portugese.

...I thought that he was enjoying the dialogue too until I figure out that he was actually upset when he started to try to offend me. That's when I preferred to step out since it wouldn't get anywhere.

Rude again; I wasn't actually upset. Very far from upset. More like highly amused. During the course of our brief discussion, you insulted my language, my understanding of it, and ascribed wildly inaccurate motives to some of my posts.

All well and good, as far as I'm concerned, but then you went on to complain about it, which is...well...highly suggestive of craniorectal impaction. In my humble opinion, of course. I've seen you pull the same prank in other threads; if you don't like the way people here are treating you, perhaps some reconsideration of your own methods is in order?

Now, Robert...some mighty fine words, my brother. You know me well. :thumb:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Lighten up on him, Cruz... English is actually his second language.

The first was Kentuckanese...

--R :D
Very fluent in Pig Latin since High School thankyouverymuch. I got a scholarship to travel abroad to study it...but my parents died in a horrible accident involving a corn harvester, (you don't want to know) and I had to go to work to feed my brothers and sisters. Even though I was the youngest of five.

So, back off.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Congratulations! Cruz has won the coveted 'Most Pedantic A-hole' award! (forum-wide division!)

:dude:

Rob...tell him what he wins!
:):thumb:

A simple "thank you for your help" would have sufficed. Don't spend a lot on a gift, either, not a dime over $100.00 plus postage. More than that would be weird. :wave:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very fluent in Pig Latin since High School thankyouverymuch. I got a scholarship to travel abroad to study it...but my parents died in a horrible accident involving a corn harvester, (you don't want to know) and I had to go to work to feed my brothers and sisters. Even though I was the youngest of five.

So, back off.

Last time you told this story, it was a cotton gin, and you had to eat your siblings in order to survive...

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
A simple "thank you for your help" would have sufficed. Don't spend a lot on a gift, either, not a dime over $100.00 plus postage. More than that would be weird. :wave:
You should be very proud Cruz. Mr. Lefty "Mudfinger' Phillips was running a veery close second for a while there. :naughty:

Very well...since you insist on false modesty....In leu of cash you'll receive (in installments) a letter of gratitude signed by yours truly listing in great detail your contribution to my education in the form of lingual instruction. And by that I mean language. Not the other thing.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Cruz has won the coveted 'Most Pedantic A-hole' award! (forum-wide division!)

:dude:

Rob...tell him what he wins!
:):thumb:

Cruz!

You just won a no-expenses paid trip to Deland, Florida, where you will be treated to a free hot dog courtesy of Ernie's Dawg Truck©, your choice of mustard or relish (but not both), an only slightly out-of-date bottle of chocolate milk, a guided tour of the Volusia County Jail and a free overnight stay there. Your host will be one of the day labor guys I hire to hang around me when I need somebody to make me look good, and you'll also receive in the mail a signed photo of Mindfrigg, COD-- a package worth a negative $1,100 dollars after posting bail!

Back to you, Mindz!

--R :laugh2:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
You over estimate the value of the signed headshot...but the rest sounds like a dream vacation. Be sure and post some pics and an account of his journey 'There And Back'.

Possibly of historic significance for future generations of MLPers. And your alibi in case of his disappearance.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
You should be very proud Cruz. Mr. Lefty "Mudfinger' Phillips was running a veery close second for a while there. :naughty:

Damn good thing; that was my last $20.00

Very well...since you insist on false modesty....In leu of cash you'll receive (in installments) a letter of gratitude signed by yours truly listing in great detail your contribution to my education in the form of lingual instruction. And by that I mean language. Not the other thing.

I'm gonna need another bookshelf.

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
I wish to point out that the OP himself is contributing, nay, encouraging the very derailing of his own thread.

So...that's all. Just sayin.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Cruz!

You just won a no-expenses paid trip to Deland, Florida, where you will be treated to a free hot dog courtesy of Ernie's Dawg Truck©, your choice of mustard or relish (but not both), an only slightly out-of-date bottle of chocolate milk, a guided tour of the Volusia County Jail and a free overnight stay there. Your host will be one of the day labor guys I hire to hang around me when I need somebody to make me look good, and you'll also receive in the mail a signed photo of Mindfrigg, COD-- a package worth a negative $1,100 dollars after posting bail!

Back to you, Mindz!

$1100.00?! Why, that's chump change for Frigg. Soon as I get his check, I'm on my way! One quick question here, though, Rob. Broward county might still have a piece of paper with my pic on it; do you think that'd be any problem when it comes time to check out of the Volusia county accommodations? :hmm:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wish to point out that the OP himself is contributing, nay, encouraging the very derailing of his own thread.

So...that's all. Just sayin.
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro[/ame]

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
$1100.00?! Why, that's chump change for Frigg. Soon as I get his check, I'm on my way! One quick question here, though, Rob. Broward county might still have a piece of paper with my pic on it; do you think that'd be any problem when it comes time to check out of the Volusia county accommodations? :hmm:
Actually, commision of a felony disqualifies you I think. :cool:

On a tangentially related note...anybody here have or know of someone with a " tongue-like organ"? :wow:

lin·gual
pron.gif
(lĭng′gwəl)adj.1. Of, relating to, or situated near the tongue or a tonguelike organ.
2. Linguistics Pronounced with the tongue in conjunction with other organs of speech.
3. Of languages; linguistic: lingual diversity.

n. LinguisticsA sound, such as (t), (l), and (n), that is pronounced with the...

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
You

p
u
n
k
s

don't know the meaning of "pedantic" when it comes to the use of English.

As for American English, well, we stand in a queue to have a fag sitting on the bonnet of our car (rather than the boot) - an estate car - with a foot up on the bumper on the central reservation of the ring-road playing draughts, whilst you septics stand in line for a cigarette on the hood of your automobile (rather than the trunk) - a station wagon - with a foot up on the fender on the median strip of the beltway playing checkers.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Well... it kinda turned out that I was way more interested in the ensuing discussion regarding human written and verbal communications than I was in the subject this thing started out with... as I told LPBR earlier: I just post stuff, but never felt as though any thread was "my" thread-- let alone to try and keep a thread on track, so to speak...

I'm kinda chaotic that way! :hmm:

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

So long as it's not federal, I'm sure we can grease the guys in booking to sort of forget to notify Broward that you're in state.

Besides: so long as whatever they're interested in isn't felonious in nature, Broward wouldn't put a hold on you anyway. Gasoline is too expensive, and never mind the salary paid to the transporting officers.

If it's anything bigger than some nuisance charge, I never heard your name-- and you can forget about the free hot dog, too. Aiding and abetting was never my strongest suit!

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
You

p
u
n
k
s

don't know the meaning of "pedantic" when it comes to the use of English.

As for American English, well, we stand in a queue to have a fag sitting on the bonnet of our car (rather than the boot) - an estate car - with a foot up on the bumper on the central reservation of the ring-road playing draughts, whilst you septics stand in line for a cigarette on the hood of your automobile (rather than the trunk) - a station wagon - with a foot up on the fender on the median strip of the beltway playing checkers.
I have it on good authority that brother Thermionik has been imbibing to excess of late, due to the windfall of a veritable smorgasbord of alcoholic refreshment.:cool:

Frankly I think he made most of this up. :shock:

Mindfrigg

Reaction score

Well... it kinda turned out that I was way more interested in the ensuing discussion regarding human written and verbal communications than I was in the subject this thing started out with... as I told LPBR earlier: I just post stuff, but never felt as though any thread was "my" thread-- let alone to try and keep a thread on track, so to speak...

I'm kinda chaotic that way! :hmm:

Qft

Just covering my ass. :naughty:

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Actually, commision of a felony disqualifies you I think. :cool:

Slow your roll, there, y'r honor. I never said anything about commissions, let alone prosecutions. I could be wrong about that picture. Come to think of it, I was never anywhere near Pompano Beach.

On a tangentially related note...anybody here have or know of someone with a " tongue-like organ"? :wow:

lin·gual
pron.gif
(lĭng′gwəl)adj.1. Of, relating to, or situated near the tongue or a tonguelike organ.
2. Linguistics Pronounced with the tongue in conjunction with other organs of speech.
3. Of languages; linguistic: lingual diversity.

n. LinguisticsA sound, such as (t), (l), and (n), that is pronounced with the...

I'm far too humble to boast so...no.

Cruznolfart

Reaction score

So long as it's not federal, I'm sure we can grease the guys in booking to sort of forget to notify Broward that you're in state.

Dayum! Wish I'd thought of that before leaving FL. :hmm:

Besides: so long as whatever they're interested in isn't felonious in nature, Broward wouldn't put a hold on you anyway. Gasoline is too expensive, and never mind the salary paid to the transporting officers.

Ironically, it sorta goes back to your op, but I never considered any of it as revenge so much as justice. :naughty:

If it's anything bigger than some nuisance charge, I never heard your name-- and you can forget about the free hot dog, too. Aiding and abetting was never my strongest suit!

Man, it's gotten so bad a guy needs a friggin' lawyer just to claim his prize. :laugh2::laugh2:

Latest Threads