retired today

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I join in the chorus of congratulations.

I'm still working, but I have a great job where I work from home (on the internet). My Wife has been retired for more than a year, and I wish she'd find something to do during the daytime, while I'm working !
Tell her you're thinking about hiring a secretary. Bet, she'll find somethin' to do, real quick?

And, remeber, you can't spell "secretary", without "secret". ;)

meatball

Reaction score
I am happy. For you ,,, guess what ,, I have spoken to Social Security and I am out after 38 years of customer service dealing the public ..I leave it all behind January 29th ,2021 .. I know how you feel ,, I will post that day ,,, I am gonna miss a Lot of things ,some things I will Give rats ass. . Congrats my friend ,, we will. Talk. Soon

electric head

Just passing thru
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucky bastard

I always figured on going out at 65 but my age group its 66 and 7 months and it means another 400 a month if I stick it out.

The family that owns the dealerships I work at are pretty good at letting the old timers hang around a few extra years doing bullshit jobs if they want.

Pop1655

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

six-string

Reaction score
I retired 2 years ago. Don't miss work for 1 stinking minute.
And boy am I glad I don't have to go through some of the crap my fellow workers are going through this year.

monstruo_loco

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-1/2 years to go to combine 30 years and age 62, won’t stay longer than that since life’s too short & I already have an ample supply of guitars, amps & effects, just need to finally get the Hummingbird I’ve wanted forever and a recording setup & I’ll be good to go after making sure I do any necessary medical procedures while still insured through my employer.

Congratulations - and I wish you all the best in your retirement!

scrumm21

Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm only like 25 years behind you. :laugh2:

......my dad retired about 10 years ago,........ He's now the president of a ham radio club and meets up with some fellow retired buddies every couple weeks for breakfast and coffee.
Lol, I retired 15 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I picked up pair of Baofeng uv82 Radios and began watching beginner Ham radio vids. ( i'm 63 )

Fuuuuuuuuuck next thing you know I'll be resurrecting my model train layout

I AM NOT A BOOMER

Sorry, didn't mean to digress or hijack.........

Congrats again
stay away from ham radios

redcoats1976

Reaction score
first day...got up,drove to daytona beach with son,did flea market,favorite pizza shop (why would we drive 100 miles each way for pizza?because its worth it)went to the beach and drove home.its wierd not having to hurry anymore.but i think i can get used to it...

Torshalla

Reaction score
Congrats!
I am so far away from that day that i do not think it will ever come (pemsion systems will have collapsed by then lol)
My dad got to retire early as a cop in France... 55 years old. He loved his job (started as detective and ended as captain)... but he loves retirement even more haha. He runs 12km every second day, goes fishing whenever the weather allows and enjoys following all kinds of sports on tv...
Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as he does! :)

scott1970

Reaction score
Congratulations!

I still have a ways to go, but I’m bailing out the first chance I get.

dc007

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy yourself!!!! You've earned it.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Lucky bastard

I always figured on going out at 65 but my age group its 66 and 7 months and it means another 400 a month if I stick it out.

The family that owns the dealerships I work at are pretty good at letting the old timers hang around a few extra years doing bullshit jobs if they want.
that is my age group too but it was getting harder and harder to get up at 3 a.m.,do a 10-12 hour day and be faster than most of the young guys.plus my mom is 84 and lives alone 60 miles from me,she needs some help but doesnt want to give up her independence.

Latest Threads