retired today

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My plan was always "55 & out". But, I was having a ton of fun and my wife was not quite ready to put up with my ass, full-time. So, we agreed to push it out until 60.

By then, I was ready to go, I had just finished the lawn sprinkler project and was dying to sit on the porch and enjoy it.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
im gonna relax for a while,go to the beach as mood and weather allow,and hang out at car shows with my buds.when i get bored i have a lot of painting that needs done,will try to save it till january.have 4 grandkids to spoil and two dogs,plus an aged mom who lives alone 60 miles away which is the real reason i retired.she needs stuff done around the house and a little company since my stepdad passed last year.

Olds442

Reaction score
im gonna relax for a while,go to the beach as mood and weather allow,and hang out at car shows with my buds.when i get bored i have a lot of painting that needs done,will try to save it till january.have 4 grandkids to spoil and two dogs,plus an aged mom who lives alone 60 miles away which is the real reason i retired.she needs stuff done around the house and a little company since my stepdad passed last year.
my parents are 5 miles away and it's rough going back and forth all the time. good on you. enjoy your time with mom. :cheers2:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for you!

Sleep late and drink coffee for a month. Play a lot of guitar.

I envy you.

dave b

Reaction score
Congratulations :thumb: I'm jealous. I think one more year for me and I'll be done. Love my work, but the hours are too long now, and the body is wearing out fast. My missus retired 7-8 yrs ago....and loves it.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Congrats, it's something we work a good portion of our lives looking forward to. Enjoy and relax all you can. I have about a year to go.

Zungle

Reaction score
Congrats.....and good job.

I fear its a day I'll never see.....

KP

Reaction score
Congrats, I have been retired for 20 years now. Enjoy every day.

scrumm21

Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I pulled the trigger in Sept ...

been meaning to make a post...

welcome to the club

Bluesky

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a long rewarding career and have been appreciated by many. Congrats! Sounds like you earned it.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get off your ass and get back to work!! Slacker!!

I mean, congrats!!! :)

Bluesky

Reaction score
Congrats, I have been retired for 20 years now. Enjoy every day.
I hope I can say that one day. We just had a fellow officer... retired in 2016 .....passed away from Cancer. 2 others had heart attacks a few months ago. So many dont make it to retirement or pass away soon after. I hope you realize how lucky you are. 6 more yrs........

:cheers2:

Latest Threads