retired today

redcoats1976

Reaction score
had a good days work,busy,retirement party with lunch,a cake with a cruise ship on it,a so many going away gifts i had a tough time fitting them into my car.pictures with all my coworkers.all the bosses told me that if i get bored in retirement i can easily come back...its weird,how you can look forward to something like that,but now i cant believe its over.27 years doing the same job,good days,horrible days,and some great days too.i guess more great days than horrible ones.i will miss my freinds at work and the satisfaction of a job well done.

05jrock

Reaction score
Congratulations mate
Have you got plans with what to do with yourself?

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Enjoy your well earned lifestyle change.

CRobbins

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the club. I hope that your retirement brings you many, many years of enjoyment and good times.

You may experience a bit of "buyers remorse" as you transition away from the work routine, the people, the activities and being part of the workforce for you entire life. That is perfectly normal. Don't let it get you down. It will pass. I promise. We all go through it. It took me a few months until I purged.

Keep your eye on the prize. You earned this and you deserve it. Take some time to adjust, get your legs under you.... then go out and have the time of your life - make it the best years of your life.

It's a very good thing and you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner in a short while :laugh2:

bilbarstow

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I join in the chorus of congratulations.

I'm still working, but I have a great job where I work from home (on the internet). My Wife has been retired for more than a year, and I wish she'd find something to do during the daytime, while I'm working !

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I join in the chorus of congratulations.

I'm still working, but I have a great job where I work from home (on the internet). My Wife has been retired for more than a year, and I wish she'd find something to do during the daytime, while I'm working !
Sounds like our house. My wife retired 2 years ago, and LOVES spending time with me. I love her dearly, but she needs a hobby.

PeteK

Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm only like 25 years behind you. :laugh2:

When my dad retired about 10 years ago, he said similar to what SteveC said. It took some adjusting and social life was a different thing. He was never really one to "hang out" with anyone outside of work because work was his primary social outlet. Since retiring, he had to find things to do to get himself out of the house. He's now the president of a ham radio club and meets up with some fellow retired buddies every couple weeks for breakfast and coffee.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Enjoy yourself!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats..... I've been out of the rat race for several years.... Just have the small company now and can pretty much come and go as I wish.... Occasional network service calls for the IT side of the company and work on guitars/basses in the musico side of the company when needed.... Yesterday I repaired electrical in a Skrat for a customer.... High point of the day... Then i had lunch... Then coffee.... It was rather intense.... ;)

Gives me something to do which we all need after retirement....well, something more than eternally pissing off the neighbors, Snot Tmentioning Eany Vnames Ehere....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if Steve has his sprinklers by the sidewalk fed by a Steam Jenny....facing out...

Latest Threads