Restoring Ibanez 2350 (LP custom) headstock: Where to get correct logo?

frankenswine

Reaction score
Hello forum,
I would like to restore the headstock of my Ibanez 2350, but I don't know where I could buy a correct logo. Could anybody tell me which size the logo has and if it is just a thin sticker, solid plastic or mother of pearl. Further question: Did Ibanez at that period of time always use the same logo for all models or did it vary from model to model or even within a model range? Thanks.

Attachments

Paul46

Reaction score
Sorry, can't answer any of your questions, but found this on the bay. Hope it helps a bit.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Good find there.

Otherwise you would probably need to make your own or have it made for you. If it is a decal or you decide to use a decal, Lt. Dave has a great source for someone who can make you one that looks just like the original in the US. You didn't tell us your location.

frankenswine

Reaction score
Thanks. I had already found the decal that you mentioned, but it is not exactly the one I need, because the logo is almost flat on the bottom like you can see on the attached image. Restoring a headstock is always a problem, because if not done correctly it can create the appearance that the whole guitar is a counterfeit. The headstock is more or less the identity of the whole guitar whereas the rest of the guitar is modular and often changed over time: Different bridge, custom pickups, new tuners etc. Mine is a real Ibanez with a double-layered sandwich body and a bolt-on laminated neck.

Attachments

DJGranite

Reaction score
I was thinking mine was a '76 but I have '74 on the folder but it also has a "flat-bottom" logo.
And it needs some restoration work done as well.
This pic is the sellers before I bought it.
1974 Ibanez 2350 headstock.jpg

frankenswine

Reaction score
Thanks, this is exactly like mine! Could you please tell me if the logo is an inlay or a sticker? Which dimensions does it have? My guitar has some very rare Japanese "Clover" tuners which I have never seen before. They are relatively heavy, maybe made of brass.

Attachments

rayspang

Reaction score
Geocha makes top quality waterslides. He is on the guitar restoration and refinishing forum. You will have to send him a copy of the artwork. Here is his contact information:

[email protected]

Grenville

Reaction score
The good folks at Ibanez Collectors World forum would be worth asking about this.

Of course you could directly message the Ebay vendor linked above and see if he can make the specific type logo for you, I imagine it wouldn't be a problem.

Latest Threads