Rest in peace Black Panther

PeteK

Reaction score

Damn. Dude was young. I hadn't heard he was sick. I enjoyed him in every movie I've seen him in

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa! Damn that sucks, especially at his age.

Did not see that one coming.

RIP

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Article said he was diagnosed 4 years ago. Movie came out what, 2 years ago? Dude was filming crazy movies like that between chemo sessions. That's fucking brutal
He first appeared as Black Panther in Captain America Civil War, which filmed in 2015 and released in 2016.

What a shitty hand. Gets his big break, nets a franchise deal, his debut comes out right around the time he's diagnosed with Stage III cancer. Two years later he stars in his solo movie that immediately becomes a black cultural milestone and cements him as a black icon, while privately fighting his disease.

It's gotta be rough to watch your star rise when you know it won't last.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
Role model, and cultural icon. By all accounts a decent man, to all appearances on top of the world.

Fighting a private battle and facing death.

Goes to show that what we see on the outside might not tell even half the story.

I'm reminded of BuzzHaze

JTM45

Reaction score
Terrible, I enjoyed his movies

meatball

Reaction score
That guy was. A Great actor , He did great in The Jackie Robinson Movie, 42.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a great actor and good in that roll. Fuck cancer.

I guess he wanted to leave his Hollywood mark on the world before he died, but damn, to accept a recurring Marvel role knowing he was on his way out is kind of a dick move. Just like me writing this very thought.

Standard

Reaction score

I guess he wanted to leave his Hollywood mark on the world before he died, but damn, to accept a recurring Marvel role knowing he was on his way out is kind of a dick move. Just like me writing this very thought.
Knowing that he was going to be getting a massive check maybe he thought he could fight/beat it, at least initially. We'll probably never know.

In any case it's a terrible loss of a person I've never heard a bad word spoken about. RIP

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score

He has a family. Should he leave his wife to work at McDonald's and his kids to community college?

Latest Threads