Request for instructions on pic posting.

SkyDogJr

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this so, I thought I'd try this place.

Is there a way to put a simple seminar (so to speak) in the member classified section with instructions for how you post pictures to a post so that FS/FT threads OP's can post pics on their original post?

This isn't for me, I know how to post pics.

I just spent about 15 minutes looking at random posts in the member classifieds and all or most of all of them said..."Sorry, don't know how to post pics,
email me at xxxxxx @ YYYYYYY. zzz

I realize some folks may not want to post pics in their FS/FT threads, but I know for me personally, as a potential buyer it would be nice to see pics from the get go.

I think it's called a sticky?

Can just anyone post one of those? I never noticed if it was possible for me to do it or not...

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

River

Reaction score
I think the instructions are in a "Front Desk" sticky. The problem is getting people to read said sticky. Too bad there isn't better on-line Help. I was pretty much lost for the first few weeks of membership.

SkyDogJr

Reaction score
I think the instructions are in a "Front Desk" sticky. The problem is getting people to read said sticky. Too bad there isn't better on-line Help. I was pretty much lost for the first few weeks of membership.

Oh. OK, I didn't know there was one already...and I can understand you there... I was the same way, but I already had a photo-bucket account, so it wasn't too bad to learn how it's done.

I think someone just explained it to me straight away and didn't reference the sticky, so maybe it's just a matter of informing the newly registered members...

Thanks for the info!

River

Reaction score
My pleasure. I just had an idea - maybe those instructions (I agree they're the most requested) could be emailed to new members right after they sign up. If a "welcome aboard" email had too much in it, little of it would be read. But if it had brief instructions or a few links to the appropriate stickies...:hmm:

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's all covered in Bobbo's
The Official MLP Help !!! Thread ....
, but like you guys said, pointing new members there is the problem. Well, it really wouldn't be so much, if it weren't for the many people who take offense at someone just posting a link. :hmm:

Latest Threads