Replica Les Pauls show em!!

rykus

Reaction score
Yeah Rudi,some days it can't be helped! How you liking your '54 up against the '58?

I've been really playing the finish down on mine, starting to settle in nice, so I thought I'd share some pics since I spend too much time looking at that top!

Buzz

Reaction score
This one finished few weeks ago

And this one was shown in this thread already but I've done a top only refinish on it, and also tweaked the top carve.

alexanderja

Reaction score
Nice Buzz ! ....... honestly, im glad you refinished that Greeny top...the ageing looked good but i wasn't made over the pickguard shadow. Looks excellent now......will you age her again ?

JDB

Reaction score
17* head angle
3* neck angle
honduras mahogany 1 piece back
honduras mahogany 1 piece neck
Brazilian fret board
Solid maple flame top
long tenon.
3.6kg

villager

Reaction score
17* head angle
3* neck angle
honduras mahogany 1 piece back
honduras mahogany 1 piece neck
Brazilian fret board
Solid maple flame top
long tenon.
8lbs 10 ozs

Buzz

Reaction score
Nice Buzz ! ....... honestly, im glad you refinished that Greeny top...the ageing looked good but i wasn't made over the pickguard shadow. Looks excellent now......will you age her again ?
Hi, thanks for the compliments. Yes, I do plan on doing the same aging on it as it had before, just kinda busy for now but when I have time I will. This time it was done thinner than before, and I notice an improvement in the tone. I went ahead with the elbow area rub-thru because there was stains down in the wood which didn't/couldn't be sanded out.

RAG7890

Reaction score
My latest pair, a '56 cherry and a '57 Goldtop.
Me.....................I like the larger versions..........:laugh2:

Looking.............well, larger than life. :thumb:

The '56 Cherry looks cool. :)

:cheers:

GooCart

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I remember that one, beautiful guitar by a really talented builder. I know what makes it different but I leave it and see if anybody else notice it.

RAG7890

Reaction score
OK, I am up for it, besides the EN Headstock, the Neck Pickup position to end of Board??

Also to me the Bridge looks a hair too close to the Bridge Pickup, especially top E (high E).

So Magnus, what say you..................I am either right or I have just made a fool of myself. :laugh2: :laugh2: :wave:

Nice Replica though.

Cheers, Rudi

oli

Reaction score
OK, I am up for it, besides the EN Headstock, the Neck Pickup position to end of Board??
Yes, I noticed that too...

But there's something else... The body looks thinner than a regular LP... Look at the jack plate on the last pic...
Is it just me ?

RAG7890

Reaction score
Yes, I noticed that too...

But there's something else... The body looks thinner than a regular LP... Look at the jack plate on the last pic...
Is it just me ?
You have a point there Oli, I did not even look at that. I also wondered about the horn but I think that is the angle of the photo.

You are right, look at the position of the Jack Plate...............on the binding.

Still a cool Guitar. :thumb:

Cheers, Rudi

Latest Threads