Replica Les Pauls show em!!

tmpphx

Reaction score
If anyone is looking to sell a replica, PM me. Long time MLP member. Lots of transactions on Reverb. Thank you.
I have a replica for sale. It is unfinished and unfretted so you can do those to suit yourself. Hard maple top (kossoff type figure), old mahogany, brazilian board, holly headplate. Look up tom paul replicas for past pics and additional details. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks, Tom.

bikerdude2

Reaction score
I have a replica for sale. It is unfinished and unfretted so you can do those to suit yourself. Hard maple top (kossoff type figure), old mahogany, brazilian board, holly headplate. Look up tom paul replicas for past pics and additional details. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks, Tom.
I have 2 and they sound incredible!

Grenville

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Back on the forum...
I was wondering if you had an idea of the kind of wood used for this guitar.
The catalogue says that the fingerboard is of rosewood, but what about the other parts?
Maybe you know what Ibanez used to use to build their guitars around 1975/1976 in Japan?
Thank you for your help.
knarf
Hi knarf,

Here's the 1976 catalog showing the 2350 model:

As you can see, they changed the headstock shape in 1976. The catalog you posted shows that a 2350 can have block inlays or trapezoid inlays, both with a split diamond headstock.

By 1976 the brown sunburst model with trapezoid inlays is designated 2351 and does not have a spit diamond headstock.

As you can see in the descriptions, both models have a mahogany body with an arched birch top. What is not speicified is that the guitars have a hollow space underneath the arched birch. In other words, the guitars aren't completely solid.

In addition, a Gibson Les Paul traditionally had a mahogany neck, although some Norlin era LPs had maple necks (I'm not an expert on the times and dates for that, a friend of mine had a maple neck 1970s Gibson Les Paul Deluxe). The Ibanez 2350/2351 description specifies your model has a maple neck, 'laminated' probably means it's 3 piece.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I have one just the same, 2003 LS70F, great guitars for the money infact they should be worth more!
I'm not sure what model mine is, doesn't seem to be a number anywhere. Emailed Tokai months ago but didn't hear back from them

Agreed, excellent guitars in every sense. Mine's starting to get a bit of play wear on it now

rsz_1rsz_april_21_vs_oct_21.jpg

Napa Mac

Reaction score
A few more recent pix. It's a medium relic. Very authentic look AND feel.

Latest Threads