Replica Les Pauls show em!!

knarf

Reaction score
Hello all, I am knarf from France. Just registered on this forum today.
I wanted to share pictures of my Ibanez Les Paul design.
In fact, due to the lockdowns, I took out my guitar and started to replay after a long period without playing (I used to play with my acoustic guitars, but this electric needs to be plugged. During the confinement at home, I had more availability to install everything ).
So this is a guitar I purchased in 1976, in Paris. This is the model 2350 cherry. This model is in the 1975 catalogue but the identification number shows a production in Jan 1976. So, I understand it is a "lawsuit "...
It is funny to see that my guitar has the split diamond, though it does not appear on the picture of the catalogue (the first guitar on the left).
Screenshot_20210330-231148_Samsung Internet~01.jpg

The silver colour of the pick guard is not the original one ! I painted it this way, some 45 years ago (my "artist" feeling at that time!). But I still don't like the white pick guard...I like the shape of the trapezoidal inclusions on the neck. And I like that the first inclusion is on the 3rd fret, not on the first fret.
I know that the neck pickup is in the wrong position (I probably took it out and placed it back wrongly also when I was young(er)).
Nothing has been changed. All the parts are original.
I really like to play with this guitar. It is very versatile for a lot of music styles.
So here it is in pictures... the colour of the pictures are slightly brownish, but the real colour is a very nice and deep red.
I am really excited to get your advice and comments on it.
Thanks.
All the best,
knarf
IMG_20210324_175815-min.jpg

IMG_20210324_175832-min.jpg

IMG_20210324_175922-min.jpg

IMG_20210324_175949-min.jpg

IMG_20210324_180001-min.jpg

IMG_20210324_180018-min.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Hello all, I am knarf from France. Just registered on this forum today.
I wanted to share pictures of my Ibanez Les Paul design.
In fact, due to the lockdowns, I took out my guitar and started to replay after a long period without playing (I used to play with my acoustic guitars, but this electric needs to be plugged. During the confinement at home, I had more availability to install everything ).
So this is a guitar I purchased in 1976, in Paris. This is the model 2350 cherry. This model is in the 1975 catalogue but the identification number shows a production in Jan 1976. So, I understand it is a "lawsuit "...
It is funny to see that my guitar has the split diamond, though it does not appear on the picture of the catalogue (the first guitar on the left).
View attachment 531302

The silver colour of the pick guard is not the original one ! I painted it this way, some 45 years ago (my "artist" feeling at that time!). But I still don't like the white pick guard...I like the shape of the trapezoidal inclusions on the neck. And I like that the first inclusion is on the 3rd fret, not on the first fret.
I know that the neck pickup is in the wrong position (I probably took it out and placed it back wrongly also when I was young(er)).
Nothing has been changed. All the parts are original.
I really like to play with this guitar. It is very versatile for a lot of music styles.
So here it is in pictures... the colour of the pictures are slightly brownish, but the real colour is a very nice and deep red.
I am really excited to get your advice and comments on it.
Thanks.
All the best,
knarf
View attachment 531306

View attachment 531307

View attachment 531308

View attachment 531309

View attachment 531311

View attachment 531312
Very nice!
A friend of mine bought a Sunburst Lawsuit and it was really great.
He put some DiMarzio's Super Distortion pickups as it was the fad at the time.

The inlay at the 3rd fret is usual for a "Standard" model and the inlay at 1st fret is for Custom's.
The discrepancy in your model is the diamond inlay on the headstock.
That is usually reserved for Custom's.

It is Super Cool that you still have that guitar after 45 years!
Félicitations!

:thumb:

DADGAD

Reaction score
Agreed. I love a perfect flame top, but really dig tops with their own character. Mine is going to be a Tribute to Gary Moore. You must be as excited as I am! Yours looks sweet!
Any details and specs on your materials?

bikerdude2

Reaction score
Yes. Old growth mahogany, eastern hard rock maple, Brazilian Rosewood board, scarce neck joint, with carbon fiber rods in the neck. Will
Be running a Bare Knuckle PG in the neck, and a Bare Knuckle Mule in the bridge. To keep it as 59 as I could, I went with brass studs and wheels for the bridge.

Latest Threads