Replica Les Pauls show em!!

mono

Reaction score
Having gone down the rabbit hole of TV yellow juniors recently and reading more about non-Gibson versions than I care to admit... I will share my thoughts:

Looks new-ish to me. Unlikely vintage MIJ.
Finish has visible grain in it...that basically rules out any Orville/ObG, Greco, Burny, Tokai that I have ever seen
Might be an Edwards like mine but the bridge/tailpiece isn't at the correct angle or distance for that

So I reckon it's an odd-ball, like a Nav or a Combat that I've never seen before!
The celluloid inlays and slightly elongated control cavity stand out as well....

your idol

Reaction score
Having gone down the rabbit hole of TV yellow juniors recently and reading more about non-Gibson versions than I care to admit... I will share my thoughts:

Finish has visible grain in it...that basically rules out any Orville/ObG, Greco, Burny, Tokai that I have ever seen
Might be an Edwards like mine but the bridge/tailpiece isn't at the correct angle or distance for that

So I reckon it's an odd-ball, like a Nav or a Combat that I've never seen before!
The celluloid inlays and slightly elongated control cavity stand out as well....
Luthier built.

Grenville

Reaction score

Interesting. I had a yellow Tokai DC Jr. a few years ago that had visible grain.

No idea what year or model it was, I bought it used for not much money, and kinda loved it - it was so lively! - but didn't get along with the neck that well, plus it fedback in piano keys rather than guitar keys.

A not very good photo:

mono

Reaction score
Yes I know what you mean. I meant the pore filler is applied in a certain way on vintage correct finishes... Just different. Nice Tokai though!

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Okay, I'll play. This one has some mystery to it. Luthier unknown. Perhaps it was a child. The inner bouts go in slightly more than your normal LP. The board radius is also flatter than normal. Crazy wide headstock. Finished in nitro with a small amount of checking. Plays and sounds like a keeper. Don't know what that acoustic bridge thing is about. I need a o0mobius0o transfer for the headstock.

Mustard Caps

Reaction score
I had this one made 5 years ago.
Vintage Relic. They did a LTD run. Then no more wood.
Had it made as new from factory. Im a bull in a china shop, and dont need to relic, or age a guitar any faster that what Im going to put it through.

Wood from the 50s. Honduran/Brazilian/Maple
8.1lbs Nonweight Relieved
Era correct Binding/Inlays
Built from Bartlett plans, and the averages from the book, Beauty of the Burst.
They let me choose neck profile, and frets.
.92-1.02 neck
6230 Vintage Small-Strat Type frets.
Tom Holmes H450/H455 Pickups
Pigtail Bridge Assembly
NOS BB Caps. .015-.022
Gotoh SD510 Mag Lok Gears.. Kluson type/Tulip Buttons
Mojoaxe Guard/Backplates
Historic Makeovers V/T-Truss Rod Cover, R/T Ring, Switch Tip
Throbak M69 Rings
PLEK Joe Glaser... Been back a couple times now. Neck has been super stable.

1603421736374.png
1603421756778.png
1603421834770.png
1603421857791.png
1603421891447.png
1603422073369.png

Latest Threads