Replica Les Pauls show em!!

bbaug14

Reaction score
most of all TONE, then its just tiny details only cork sniffers give a crap about,,
I get that. For me personally, I don’t care about the tiny details, but what I do care about is getting a guitar that has what I want (woods, paint, neck profile, etc.). You can find this in a guitar off the rack perhaps, but it isn’t easy. When you have something built custom, you get what you want. That’s why I have a “replica”.

fretboarder

Reaction score
I get that. For me personally, I don’t care about the tiny details, but what I do care about is getting a guitar that has what I want (woods, paint, neck profile, etc.). You can find this in a guitar off the rack perhaps, but it isn’t easy. When you have something built custom, you get what you want. That’s why I have a “replica”.
It can be a long journey finding a one you really love that fits the bill, with a replica there's a huge wait and you might not even get what you were after,i still love a good replica but i rekon i can go looking for a guitar now that will suit me just fine...plus a replica is still just a les paul.. there's some fantastic great historic's knocking about for not much money you can just go buy with no wait..

mono

Reaction score
You can find great tone anywhere, is what I think he is getting at.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I decided to put the cork down ;)
Davey I think the important thing here is to be happy & happy with what you have.

It doesn’t really matter whether it’s Vintage or Replica or Historic or HM as long as you’re happy & you play it.

So many people here & on other Forums spend a lot of money & a lifetime chasing happiness, possibly not realising when they actually have it & only when it’s gone.

The Guitar is somewhat irrelevant compared to your fingers. The World’s best whatever won’t make you sound like your favourite players.

I consider myself lucky that I’m happy with what I have & don’t see the point in chasing my tail.

Be happy.

Cheers, Rudi.

fretboarder

Reaction score
Davey I think the important thing here is to be happy & happy with what you have.

It doesn’t really matter whether it’s Vintage or Replica or Historic or HM as long as you’re happy & you play it.

So many people here & on other Forums spend a lot of money & a lifetime chasing happiness, possibly not realising when they actually have it & only when it’s gone.

The Guitar is somewhat irrelevant compared to your fingers. The World’s best whatever won’t make you sound like your favourite players.

I consider myself lucky that I’m happy with what I have & don’t see the point in chasing my tail.

Be happy.

Cheers, Rudi.
You like to go deep rudes thats for sure ha ha ha.. but yes your right on that..

rykus

Reaction score
I spent a shit ton of money and time buying and playing different Les Paul's.. as I know a few others of you have as well,lol but in my experience there was no other formula that I could go by other than I like light guitars with big necks... generally...

Both my replicas where really nice though... just the one suits me better... I liked my historic R9 from 2001 as much as any other guitar I've played ... but I had 10 others that weren't as good...for me..my other replica sounded just like my old 98 R8 Murphy and the guy I bought and resold it too thinks it's the best les paul ever..too dark for me though, personally.

You got to play one of my favorite bursts ever Davey, not to mention a good hand full of killer replicas including my current no1, so I would trust you could find a good tone with a bit of hunting ;)

fretboarder

Reaction score
I must have had about 12 Les Paul's now from the 1955 to 2019, and for me personally even though some of them were very nice pieces of wood, the stand out guitars were early historic's, a 2002 R7 BB and my current hotty a 2003 R8. both bone stock! both were £2k yikes!!

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Personally for me it all started with I couldn't afford what I want, I mean historics etc then things would just bug the shit out of me, so I set about making my own and I've compared to a real 58 and the difference wasn't big enough to get really jealous, sure it's a lovely guitar but costs as much as a house

One thing you won't get off the shelf is the old fret scale, surely if it's an historic they'd sort that out plus that bloody straight tailpiece

Customs are next for me and it's taken a while to gather specs, binding is on order but it'll be a long build probably

Last edited:

RAG7890

Reaction score

DADGAD

Reaction score
The husk itself weighs about 7 pounds, 2 oz. My guess is that hardware should add 1-2 pounds. Anyone have any clearer idea of the average weight hardware adds to the final product?

valvetoneman

Reaction score
I love limba, I've got a sort of special planned with it except humbuckers, I like those old flying v tones so this should get close

Hardware will add just over a pound I reckon

Latest Threads