Replica Addiction

decoy205

Reaction score
Just got this in on my work in progress.

ericyul.jpg

:wow::wow::wow:

FlamingTop

Reaction score
Black velvet.:D

I've had a few historics. Non of them have been avle to hang with my replica in terms of feel and overall sound. I just picked up another R7. We'll see what happens...

+1 on this. I have some really good historics in my stable. I thought I was pretty much set tonewise until the replica came along. There's just something different with the tone. It is sweeter and yet it cuts through the mix :shock:

jonesy77777

Reaction score
I just recently received a replica that I am trading for my R8. It was a little rough around the edges but I could see the potential immediately. Last night I spend 6 hours, much to the shaggrin (sp?) of my wife, of stripping all the electronics out, and giving it a good cleaning with Virtuoso, installing new pots, caps, wiring and pickups. It was a lot of work for a rookie, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. My baby the R8 is going to a fellow MLP member. I have taken a bunch of pics, but only a couple are on photobucket. I'll add more tonight when I get home. Here is the first shot. As for the tone, once I did the changes I gave it a good tone test. It's alot different than the R8, which of course is a great guitar. The replica is very... crisp, I guess is the word. It's really clear and with teh wolfetone pups it is very vintage and articulate. It had Darkbursts in it, and they didn't compare to the Dr. V's(no offense to WCR). more pics to come tonight, including the revamped control cavity.
156.jpg
[/IMG]

jonesy77777

Reaction score
Very nice looking guitar. Is that something just made or an older replica?

it's an older replica from the 90's. i really like it, it's got mojo for days. your's is going to look spectacular, and to have a documented build will be great.

jonesy77777

Reaction score
i'll pics to this thread, since it is putting all the replica stuff in one place.
Replica&

191.jpg

181.jpg

203.jpg

Soldano16

Reaction score
and to have a documented build will be great.

My Guitar Clinic replica is documented from the 1994 order order date to final sale in 1995. About 20 pics as well as the Guitar Clinic bill of sale, cash register receipt for the $1,000 deposit and the matching claim check. It is kinda cool as so few replicas are documented, Max's excepted.

Latest Threads