Replica Addiction

Metallium

Reaction score
That one is a Standard replica I bought in London last year. It is not like yours but is cool anyway. :dude:

100_1530.jpg

100_1531.jpg

The another one is the Japanese Epiphone LP Custom. I bought it in London as well. :applause:

100_1536.jpg

100_1533.jpg

100_1534.jpg

Tweety

Reaction score
Heres some more pics. I just love it. The second pic was taken by Single cut 54's friend

DSC_6573-1.jpg

ItalianJob054.jpg

DSC_6577.jpg

DSC_6583.jpg

onyonk

Reaction score
This is my les paul, the name "les paul ebony".
Spec:
-macassar ebony neck/fretboard
-macassar ebony top body (one piece)
-southeast mahagony back body
-seth lover seymour duncan pickup
-gotoh bridge/tailpiece (gold)
-gotoh klusson tuning peg (gold)

Soldano16

Reaction score
Deym bud these clips are awesome :thumb:

Wow - thank you so much.

What is somewhat ironic is that the pickups are Gibson Classic 57's, not exactly the most boutique PU for a guitar of this quality. I've been tempted to upgrade, thinking things could get even better.

But there's a part of me that feels if I touch the guitar, it may never sound quite the same.

So far, even after buying new pots, real Bumblebees and the new Throbak PAFs, I'm still too chicken to let anyone touch the guitar.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lotsa nice lesters here.

Here's mine I'll add.

In the center...

000_2278.jpg

000_2025.jpg

000_2051.jpg

FlamingTop

Reaction score
Wow - thank you so much.

What is somewhat ironic is that the pickups are Gibson Classic 57's, not exactly the most boutique PU for a guitar of this quality. I've been tempted to upgrade, thinking things could get even better.

But there's a part of me that feels if I touch the guitar, it may never sound quite the same.

So far, even after buying new pots, real Bumblebees and the new Throbak PAFs, I'm still too chicken to let anyone touch the guitar.

what good is a 59burst if it sounds like crap??? :) In the same way, what's the value of an epiphone les paul that sounds like a 59burst??? :) If you ask me, if it has the the tone you have been looking for, don't bother :) But if your curiousity will give you sleepless nights wondering what you may be missing, stop pondering and slot em in ASAP :naughty:

I actually have the same dilemma with my replica... but this i'll tell you.. if i had a great set of PAF's with me right now, i wouldn't be typing this reply. I'd be having a luthier solder them in by now :dude:

jonesy77777

Reaction score
Deym, what the F*** what kind of replica is this??? :wow:

Yeah that's spectacular. Do you black out the background with photoshop or something, it really brings out the top. a bunch of nice replica's. To those that posted, how do they sound compared to your historics or standards?

Soldano16

Reaction score
To those that posted, how do they sound compared to your historics or standards?

I've owned over 30 LP's including

a 1956 goldtop
a 1968 goldtop
4 replicas (2 Monty's, Clinic and a Keebler)
5 historics (2 58's, 2 57's and a 56)

All the replicas (except the Keebler which I thought was awful) were/are miles ahead of the historics and close with the real vintage Gibson stuff. Is it as good? Depends guitar to guitar. But it's ballpark. The historics are not ballpark.

The historics play great. Nothing wrong there. They just don't sound very good compared to the replicas.

Case in point - I went to someone's house who had 3 historics for sale. We A/B's all the guitars. It was amazing how far short the historics were compared to the Clinic I had brought along.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's spectacular. Do you black out the background with photoshop or something, it really brings out the top. a bunch of nice replica's. To those that posted, how do they sound compared to your historics or standards?

Black velvet.:D

I've had a few historics. Non of them have been avle to hang with my replica in terms of feel and overall sound. I just picked up another R7. We'll see what happens...

Lightning Guitars

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Soldano, that top really is gonna be killer!

Whats that line going around the middle of the body? is it from a router or something?

Latest Threads