Replica Addiction

single cut 54

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these SC54 , I was hoping these would shore up :) care to share more info on them? Hardware, plastics, especially tone clips?

Flaming Top, the hardware on the Lefty is Pigtail Bridge and Stoptail ,Vintage clone rings and OTPG p'ups The other plastic parts are made by the maker of the guitar. At his moment in time I have no equipment to record sound clips
but I will try and get something done in the very near future.:thumb:

bk2d80s

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone here has an extra replica they'd like to sell do they? :naughty:
I just cannot seem to find a replica that really floats my boat for a price I can deal with. The last replica that I really liked that was for sale was a Max and we all know how much those go for. Others that I have tried, including guitar clinics, always had a couple things about them that I loved and a couple things that I couldn't live with for the money asked.

Pooker

Reaction score
This one's a righty

body-longMA16529902-0001.jpg

Single Cut 54 -- You, sir, are an artiste! :dude:

Outstanding.

Pooker

Reaction score
Hey Pook!!
Yo, what are the specs on your pook wind if you don't mind. got any tone clips? :thumb:

The winds are a PAF style Wolfetone special -- Wolfe is a great winder, and will wind & re-wind your pickups until you're happy. Great pickups, superb customer service -- What more could you ask for?

Sorry, but I have no means for recording tone clips at the moment (unless you like over-compressed video camera clips with gobs of digital noise and artifact...)

Beautiful replicas, everyone :applause:

Soldano16

Reaction score

Mark,

BIG REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a hugely knowledgeable Les Paul person. It certainly seems Max has the crown as KING of the replica builders but I'd be curious how you would rank the well known builders under the following three lists. I'll give some names but feel free to add anyone you think of. I realize you may not have personal knowledge on some of these but I'm sure you know way more than I do.

Builders

Max
Keebler
Guitar Clinic
Derrig
Monty
Florence

1) Most authentic

2) Best tone

3) Personal favorite (estimate if no personal experience)

shannon undery

Reaction score
Singlecut 54

Do you own those replica's

they are absolutely breathtaking

I want that right-handed masterpiece really badly.

decoy205

Reaction score
Very stunning guitars everyone. This thread is great. A lot of people will never afford a burst but I think they should be able to get close to the sound of one I bet some of these sound phenomenal. I'd love to hear one sometime.

decoy205

Reaction score
My '59 replica -- All the good stuff buildwise. Bursting courtesy of Dave "Magic" Johnson.

IMG_0713.jpg

CS-0059_7439.jpg

DJResize1.jpg

Bridgecrop.jpg

Inlays3small.jpg

AngelSwitchRing.jpg

Nov075.jpg

It has faded nicely over the past few years -- I'll try and get some more recent pics in the near future.

This thing is just ridiculous. I LOVE this guitar. Absolute Stunner! I bet when you take that thing out of the case people gasp.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I love looking at these replica's, its a very cool thread, but I would suggest to those of you who have bought replica's from the "more recent" builders out there to refrain from posting their names on a public forum...

Keep those pics coming. :slash:

FlamingTop

Reaction score
+1 on that RB :thumb:

we definitely need to protect these artists to make sure we never fall short of supply on these beauties. :laugh2:

On the side, I spent an afternoon with the replica today. It continues to reveal a new tonal characteristic to me the more i play it. It really must be the wood. I think this is where the "gotta hear it to believe it" line comes in. It never is tiring to play these I noticed, especially with the neck profile on this one. The guitAR makes the player change his playing style to make the guitar tone come out more instead of doing the usual kind of playing... Truly inspiring to play it.

I've got two great historics, but the tone of the rep really is on a different level in my opinion. Perhaps I can try to make a clip that can A/B my historics versus the rep when i get the time :fingersx: and maybe we can have a small "blindfold" test game in another thread :slash:

In the mean time, continue posting fellas :thumb:

FlamingTop

Reaction score
The first clip is very low volume. The 2nd is with a '68 50 watt plexi - no pedals.

Guitar Clinic replica clip - Putfile.com

Going down 89 - Putfile.com

Deym bud these clips are awesome :thumb: I'm a fan of the clean tone on your rep. Wow! there is an airy quality to the notes. Fat but cutting is how i like to describe it. Very light and fluffy tone, full of character that lingers in the air. I think linger is really the best way i can describe it. It's different from what we would normally call sustain. the notes really blooms when you hole em :wow: Mine sounds pretty similar to this.

boogieongtr

Reaction score
Here are 3 of my old growth replicas that I gig with:

normal_Replicas_006.jpg

Metallium

Reaction score
Replica????? Where??? I can't see any replica!!!! Is it a joke, right? Fucking shit...Man...AWESOME!!! Fantastic job!!!!
Can you tell me please how do you paint the body without painting the biding? Do you mask it? Where can I get fret binding like that?????????? :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
Remember I come from Brazil so I don't know where can I get those stuffs...
Many thanks!!!

My '59 replica -- All the good stuff buildwise. Bursting courtesy of Dave "Magic" Johnson.

IMG_0713.jpg

CS-0059_7439.jpg

DJResize1.jpg

Bridgecrop.jpg

Inlays3small.jpg

AngelSwitchRing.jpg

Nov075.jpg

It has faded nicely over the past few years -- I'll try and get some more recent pics in the near future.

Latest Threads