replacing tunners on my standard pelham blue LP

rbraad68

Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to ask who has changed tunners on their epi LP ? i want to get a set of grovers the locking type in gold. with all this metric stuff with these epi's i figuered id ask.

thx guys

DrBGood

Reaction score
hey guys just wanted to ask who has changed tunners on their epi LP ? i want to get a set of grovers the locking type in gold. with all this metric stuff with these epi's i figuered id ask.

thx guys
May I ask why you want the locking types ?

ucsteve

Reaction score
as for me, i wanted chrome tuners so i was ordering 2 sets for both my LP's with the other style. so i thought well what the hell for the goldtop ill go the extra inch and get locking tuners just to have em on somnething. Its the 1st brand new guitar ive ever bought so i got all fancy i guess.

rbraad68

Reaction score
as for me, i wanted chrome tuners so i was ordering 2 sets for both my LP's with the other style. so i thought well what the hell for the goldtop ill go the extra inch and get locking tuners just to have em on somnething. Its the 1st brand new guitar ive ever bought so i got all fancy i guess.
where are you ordering them from? link?

ucsteve

Reaction score
The tuners my guy at his shop ordered for me, just easier. he was doin the pickups anyway. I put them on the 2002 and switched those p/u's out and stuff. But I figured Id let someone who actually knows what they were doing when it came to the goldtop. bein cherry and all heh

ucsteve

Reaction score
i'm getting old my eye sight isn't that good so wrapping the strings is hard for me. and mostly i'm lazy :=)
some of the guitar players ive worked for use em, and they are pretty easy to deal with. But I dont see me bothering with them down the road, idk. Im pretty content winding a few wraps

rbraad68

Reaction score
some of the guitar players ive worked for use em, and they are pretty easy to deal with. But I dont see me bothering with them down the road, idk. Im pretty content winding a few wraps

well i have five other guitars that i have wrap the strings on. another reason i want to get new tunners is that im changin the pick ups in my pelham blue and there in gold so im changing everythin to gold.

ucsteve

Reaction score
its funny to me, being fairly new to this sport, and a drummer, i really like changing strings and stuff. I guess the novelty of it all has yet to wear off. I guess thats why im committing all these crimes to them i figure. I just never liked how the klussen style looked. I threw them on the Dali since well, they are totally unused outside the factory pretty much. I didnt even play it more than 5 minutes before we put her on the table. And that one had old epiphone stock or no name grover style tuners anyway. so i ditched em. My 339 has em too, so that may change down the road too

ucsteve

Reaction score
its funny to me, being fairly new to this sport, and a drummer, i really like changing strings and stuff. I guess the novelty of it all has yet to wear off. I guess thats why im committing all these crimes to them i figure. I just never liked how the klussen style looked. I threw them on the Dali since well, they are totally unused outside the factory pretty much. I didnt even play it more than 5 minutes before we put her on the table. And that one had old epiphone stock or no name grover style tuners anyway. so i ditched em. My 339 has em too, so that may change down the road too
kinda mixed up my posts....here is The Dali" that I put the tuners on from the orig 50s for clarity
FUGLIO no 1.jpg

Latest Threads