Replacing Speaker in Origin 20c

whatshisname

Reaction score
I ordered a Greenback 10 to try to get closer to what I want out of my Marshall Origin 20c. It also looks like this is a popular upgrade, so I'm pretty confident in my decision. Any tips on how to do the replacement myself? Thanks!

pmonk

Reaction score
replacement as removing the old speaker and putting in the Greenback 10 speaker?

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would start by removing the highlighted screws and panels:

6B42E654-D94A-47B5-8A7C-41209A700D47.jpeg

This may or may not grant you full access to the speaker. If it does, there will likely be screws mounting the speaker to the baffle that you’ll need to remove as well. I imagine there are spade connectors going from the speaker cable to the speaker. Remove those and remove the speaker, then retrace you steps.

If remove the highlighted screws and panels does not grant you full access to the inside of the cabinet, you need to remove the amp chassis as well.

fry

Reaction score
If remove the highlighted screws and panels does not grant you full access to the inside of the cabinet, you need to remove the amp chassis as well.
Here’s a quick video somebody shot of the amp with the speaker having been replaced. It does look likely that the chassis will need to be removed. Shouldn’t be difficult at all.

fry

Reaction score
If the chassis has to come out, just take out the smaller screws on the outer edges of that upper panel. The larger ones are holding the chassis to the panel, you don’t want to take those out. Just take out the four smaller screws, and it should lift right out, you can set it aside while you change the speaker. Make sure to disconnect the speaker before you start yanking the chassis out.

north east al

Reaction score
That's what I did. Take off the back panels. Unscrew the main amplifier and valves and carefully set aside. Change the speaker. Put it all back together and you're good to go. Just be sure to hook it up to the correct output. It's all simple enough.

speyfly

Reaction score
Cognates on the Origin 20C , I have the O20H and love it. Regarding a 10" speaker the Celestion GB it's one of my favorite speakers, but if you ever run across a used or new Eminance Ragin Cajun give it a try. I think it's one of the best !0" out there for a open back.

Latest Threads