Replacing parts on vintage wah pedals

lars.olsen_

Reaction score
I am expecting to receive a couple of vintage wah pedals. One italian and one japanese

So, it's been almost a week ago since I bought them through Facebook groups and later today I am finally receiving them.

But, they both are described as defective, I didn't really ask much questions since I was able to buy them for almost nothing.

I am expecting broken switches and scratchy pot on both wah since they both are from 70s. Hopefully a contact cleaner will do the job on the pots, but what about the switches?

So I've had loads of time to think about it, weather to put a Carling 1PDT or 2PDT

Which switch will be more appropriate for a such collectable wah? Will it make any collectability/value difference to choose a 2PDT switch?

jlee

Reaction score
Value will be affected with either replacement switch. I would hold onto the original switch in the event you ever decide to sell.

Lester

Reaction score
My "Thomas Organ" Cry Baby from that era uses a 1 & 2 switch. One terminal on one side, two on the other. Not sure what's going on there, LOL. Considering installing true bypass and saving the original switch in case I ever sell.

FWIW, my Wah was acting freakish. Turned out to be poor grounds from the jacks to the chassis and corroded contacts inside the jacks. A little sandpaper fixed things up all around without any parts changes.

EDIT: Actually there were parts changes and reflowing of joints. But none of that helped... so I restored the old parts after I found the real problem.

Latest Threads