Replacement Tuning machine question

twilliams

Reaction score
I want to replace the Min e tune on my 2014 SG with standard tuners, I have a set of grover vintage style tuners laying around that I had planned to use but when I dug them out I realized there were the green tinted ones and I really want the ones that are more white.

I was a guitar center today and they had a set of gibson ones but they too were the slightly green tint.

Does anyone know if the Kluson KB3's are the more white version or is there another brand that is?

Kluson KB3 Keystone Guitar Tuning Machines - 3-Per-Side Bolt Bushing | Musician's Friend

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Go with these, you will not be disappointed. They have a higher tuning ratio, and a sealed gear housing.
TonePros Kluson – TPK33 Series

I want to replace the Min e tune on my 2014 SG with standard tuners, I have a set of grover vintage style tuners laying around that I had planned to use but when I dug them out I realized there were the green tinted ones and I really want the ones that are more white.

I was a guitar center today and they had a set of gibson ones but they too were the slightly green tint.

Does anyone know if the Kluson KB3's are the more white version or is there another brand that is?

Kluson KB3 Keystone Guitar Tuning Machines - 3-Per-Side Bolt Bushing | Musician's Friend

twilliams

Reaction score
I think i need the KB3's because the TKP33's are the press in busing type.

I went ahead and put the grovers on but I may order some of the tonerpros

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
They also sell the bolt bushings, I assumed you needed push in, my bad...
They really are nice tuners, more precise, not as sloppy, and much more rigid than the gibson deluxe. I think you would like them a lot. But if you buy them, get em on eBay, they are cheaper.

NHDave

Reaction score
They also sell the bolt bushings, I assumed you needed push in, my bad...
They really are nice tuners, more precise, not as sloppy, and much more rigid than the gibson deluxe. I think you would like them a lot. But if you buy them, get em on eBay, they are cheaper.

agree, cheaper on ebay, used the KB3 to replace some grover locking tuners on some recent les pauls (they share one hole with the locking
grovers so just having to drill one more hole made the install easy),
and they work nice.

twilliams

Reaction score
Just getting the stupid mini e tune off made me feel better.

In case anyone is wondering a set of grover deluxe's weight about ~7oz and the whole mini e tune contraption weighta ~10oz

qwank

Reaction score
The tone pros tuners are awesome. Only around $50 on eBay.

Pwrmac7600

Reaction score
Yup I found a set for $46 with free ship so I will get them on the way.

Thanks errbody :dude:

I am betting this is the same guy I get mine from. Price is exactly the same. If it is he's a good guy to deal with, ships stupid fast!!!!

NHDave

Reaction score
pic of my 2013, replaced tuners this weekend... very easy, a quick
hit with meguiars polish in that area, looks like new. (sn partialy obscured in
photoshop)

new tuners work great. took my time, have a nice antique hand drill
and taped the bit for depth... worked well.

the front

twilliams

Reaction score
Looks great! and is a twin to mine. I have the grovers on mine but ordered some of the klusons just like yours.

Doesn't it feel good to get that POS eTune off?

jc2000

Reaction score
Put KB3's on my 2013. Love em'

Attachments

• 3-8-14 005.jpg
    3-8-14 005.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 22

Latest Threads