Repairing Willie Nelson's Trigger

jkes01

Reaction score
I posted a thread on this somewhere here, sometime back in 2017. The luthier is Dan Erlewine’s brother. Looking at the frets and fretboard, I am amazed that thing is playable. Amazed how a nylon string guitar can do that much wear on frets.

Willie wouldn’t have it any other way.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
That guitar is the musical equivalent of Lenin's corpse. Maintain and repair it often enough and it still manages to be a guitar even though it's been played to death several times.

lowatter

Reaction score
I posted a thread on this somewhere here, sometime back in 2017. The luthier is Dan Erlewine’s brother. Looking at the frets and fretboard, I am amazed that thing is playable. Amazed how a nylon string guitar can do that much wear on frets.

Willie wouldn’t have it any other way.
Great videos. After watching these it seems that Dan its Mark's cousin not his brother. Yes, it's has an amazing amount of fretwear for a nylon string guitar classical. It was great to see his passion and knowledge. They both seem like very nice fellows.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
When I saw Mark using the buffer on the fret ends, I finally saw someone other than myself doing that. It's kind of risky because the guitar tends to want to start bouncing. You saw it bounce a little when Mark first took it to the wheel.

Using a buffer just like that is how I destroyed one guitar I'd just made. Threw it on the floor and BUSTED. But it revealed that I'd carved the top too thin in a critical spot anyway. That's where it broke.

Latest Threads