repair scratch

frankyboy

Reaction score
hello, I have a small scratch on my les paul, it's weird because I've never hit it, but how do I prevent the paint from flaking even more, thank you in advance for the advice (sorry my english is bad :)
scrach.jpg

Peter M

Reaction score
That's no scratch, it's a sizable ding. Unless you are skilled in wood refinishing, take it to a luthier.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
That's no scratch, it's a sizable ding. Unless you are skilled in wood refinishing, take it to a luthier.
Or better yet, just get a good story to attach to it ... "Yeah, that is from the headstock of Jeff Beck's strat when he was pluggin in. He came on stage to join our band doing an encore of Train Kept A Rollin. What a cool night ...". The story is cheaper. :fingersx:

frankyboy

Reaction score
thank you for the answers, I'm going to take it to the luthier and I'm going to change the strap for a better one

irocdave12

Reaction score
If you are looking to have it repaired properly and made invisible like it never happened take it to a luthier as it can be repaired very easily by someone with the right skills. Since it’s nitro its very easy to blend and melt in new paint with the old. If you are just looking to leave it as is and want to seal it in hopes of stopping more flaking of the finish as was your original question, you can buy a simple bottle of clear nail polish which is clear lacquer. Then just brush some on the damaged area

moreles

Reaction score
I, too, was going to guess strap abrasion if it's simply a rub-through with no evidence of impact. Can't tell from a picture. A strap should not do that, but some of the woven stuff and cheap leather can be abrasive. It may be a very easy repair if it looks bad to you. Not everyone seeks premature relic-ing.

Ronaldo

Reaction score
hello, I have a small scratch on my les paul, it's weird because I've never hit it, but how do I prevent the paint from flaking even more, thank you in advance for the advice (sorry my english is bad :)
View attachment 628852
Man, that doesn’t look like something a slight strap rub would produce to me. The way the finish has pushed up a small bunch looks like impact at some time maybe you bumped into something hard at one time but didn’t realize it?
Either way, it wont be a hard repair and not noticeable way down south there.

CyFan

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add more and you'll never give banging your guitar another thought. Lol

Latest Threads