- Jul 29, 2013
- Reaction score
Patch trimmed flush. No one will ever know it's there. Keep my secret safe.
Tenon fits. Success!
Visited the local antique mall. Poro must have come in and bought all the hand tools, because all I could find was this #4. She was incomplete, missing an iron and lever cap, but I had those parts at home waiting. Damn good plane for $10.
I went to Woodcraft with this crazy idea of making a blue guitar. I found a couple promising acrylic pen blanks, and a couple bottles of dye.
Cut myself out some Standard inlays. It was a breeze on the Ridgid sander.
Routed and chiseled my first inlay cavity!
Fast forward to the end, here's the completed inlay. I used the dremel base MLP member rusdfh made, and cleaned up the edges with the 2 chisels pictured here.
Cavities, no inlay.
Let's glue in some inlay!!! Superglue in the hole, inlay in the hole. Nothin to it. After this, I sanded the inlay flush, but sanding doesn't make for any interesting pictures.
After sanding the inlay flush, I still had some iffy edges. I dusted the gaps with maple sawdust and wicked in superglue around the edges.
After sanding to 220 and hitting the board with naptha. This guitar finally has some color to it! I honestly love the blue on that maple. If the blue-burst goes well, this is going to be fkn awesome.
I decided that a 0.666" top on the guitar wasn't enough mojo...I took a single strand of the recently deceased epic Renk beard and layed it in the truss rod channel. Fk yeah.