Remember the homeless guy, the cop, and the shoes?

babatube

Reaction score
they have a well oiled money machine in here.
working in shifts around the clock at large intersections.
they have make up on them to look like they are injured in the most disgusting way.
what have we become!
even the beggars are being run by greedy criminals now.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
I met a man, who was as nice as can be, and he would do anything for anybody, buy them a meal, help them out in any way he could. He owned a taxi company, and on Sunday he took people to church who weren't able to make it themselves. But he would never give cash.

circusboy28

Reaction score
I have worked for St Vincent de Paul & the Salvos for quite a few years, my last job was at Foster House, the Salvation Army Homeless Shelter in the city here in Sydney. I know quite a few of the professional beggars around town, who make between $350 & $600 in a few hours every day.

Every one of them that I know has a major drug habit, usually heroin, but a few are on ice (meth). All of the beggars know the welfare system inside out, where to get free meals, clothes, bed for the night, etc. They use all of their 'earnings' on drugs, booze and drugs, and/or playing the slot machines in the clubs once they've scored.

I cannot imagine that beggars in the USA are less adept at playing the system than the local ones here in Sydney. As someone who has worked in homeless shelters, drunk tanks, drug & alcohol treatment centres & also supported accommodation programs, my opinion is that there is never any need to give these people money. Never.

Latest Threads