Remebering Marc Bolan

Reaction score
Marc was a vastly under-rated guitarist IMHO. He might not have had the technical prowess of Clapton, Page, Green, Beck etc. (who he would have been unfavourably compared to at the time) but he more than made up for it in feel, style and tone - which is what it's all about anyway. He has been a massive influence on countless British guitar based acts from the 70's to the present. His best music is timeless which is the real testament to his unique talent.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Listening to T Rex now. 20th Century Boy is one of the heaviest sounding riffs ever.

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
fantastic guitarist and great wordsmith imo, grew up into the guy and his music myself ...

Paul46

Reaction score
I grew up listening to Marc and T.Rex. The intros to songs like 'Get It On','Jeepster' and 'Hot Love' still give me shivers. If I'm honest, I'd rather listen to Marc's four chords than a lot of the other usual guitar 'heroes'.

corbo

Reaction score
On my list of wants.
something about that guitar that just screams rock

joebonsai

Reaction score
Yeap, whole story in the 'other' forum!!
The guitar was for sale!!!

:hippie:

Rodolphe

Reaction score
You're kidding...someone renecked the original guitar and refinished it? :shock:
that man had to be crazy... or stupid
nobody would refinish a guitar with that history

tallpaul

Reaction score
You're kidding...someone renecked the original guitar and refinished it? :shock:
it stated life as a 59 burst,bolan sanded it and painted it gretsch orange as eddie cochoran was his hero,he renecked it twice i think before it was stolen

Kezman

Reaction score
Yeap, whole story in the 'other' forum!!
The guitar was for sale!!!

:hippie:
I thought Marc's guitar was stolen after his death, and never seen again.

What's the "Other Forum" ?

I'd like to read the story on how the original Bolan re-surfaced, cant seem to find much about it on Google :hmm:

Johny_Two_Hats

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the "other" forum has bits and pieces of the story and lots of assumptions but nothing that fills in all the blanks.

I think marc is one of my favorite guitar player. His solo on the demo version of David Bowie's "The Prettiest Star" rocks.

kungpow!

Reaction score
What's the "Other Forum" ?
Les Paul Forum. But you can't say it by name, cuz its taboo :shock:

Cool guitar. Cool band. Cool music.

ummm... yeah, if these became relative cheap because it wasn't a top-selling sig LP, I would scoop one up

The real thing :dude:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTc4Nk5bsw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTc4Nk5bsw[/ame]

Latest Threads