Relic Haters Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsodeez

Reaction score
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I figure it'd be a good idea to start a thread for the relic haters to yell into the void of this thread rather than doo-doo-ing up any other thread filled with people who enjoy them.

I really wanted to like relics. I think they look cool as all heck, even if the wear isn't earned and the history of the guitar is lacking, but I finally got the chance to play a Murphy lab r9 yesterday and I was just absolutely appalled with how it felt. The neck was rough as all hell and felt terribly coarse. It sounded great but the weathering of the neck and the body just felt like you could tell the wear wasn't genuine.

I've played a lot of naturally relic'd guitars in the past and the contact points are always smooth as butter from the natural oils that wear the guitar in a way that makes it feel like there was a reason it was played constantly by previous owners.

I still love how they look and would not mind having a Murphy lab or a fender custom shop relic hanging in a glass case in my room, but for me, as a player, they are trash. Mind you, my sample set is low for the Murphy lab models, but I have felt like this about other relics in the past and I just came to the conclusion that they aren't going to be an option that'll be around for the long haul

Any other relic Haters, share your hatred here and let this thread be the lightning rod for your discontent. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
cat.gif

Dog in a dress.jpg

pmonk

Reaction score
I can say I dislike the Fender heavy relic more than I do the Gibson

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lesson for the OP:

We all have our personal preferences.

But why start a thread designed to aggravate people who you don't even know, and have done nothing to you? What do you expect to gain? A fight that the staff has to clean up?

Don't do shit like this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads