Reissue neck angles

Injector

Reaction score
Have the neck angles changed on 2020/21 guitars? A retailer has 5 reissues and the all have similarly high bridges. Whilst this isn't abnormal it also it's the norm. The majority of reissues I've seen had much lower bridges.

calieng

Banned
Reaction score
My 2022 replacement just received is a tiny bit higher than other recent guitars. It is back closer to where the 2015 True Historics were. Maybe 1/32" higher than typical for the past couple years.

Probably just minor difference from whoever is currently fitting the necks.

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Help me Mr. Wizard!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The strings look pretty high off of the frets. I'd lower that bridge a whole bunch.

Renegade

Reaction score
Not sure if the neck angles have actually changed...those look about how my 2020 R9 looks. I could probably go lower but I like a little higher action and the playability is superb.

Last edited:

Injector

Reaction score
How would people rate thie neck angle/bridge height on this '57 RI?
A lot of folk seem to dislike anything but the low riders

ARandall

Reaction score
Its a neck angle.....thats how it rates.

Imagine what playing skill you could have learned in the time you wasted getting all of those pics off the net.......

bluesoul

Reaction score

It’s pretty fucked up. Need ti sell it. Sorry for being the one to tell you.

Ok.... I have no clue! Does it play well?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Not sure if you can form any conclusions given bridge height is adjustable and factory setups are notoriously high. I don't have a brand new R but have had several over the years, some could fit a second thumbwheel after I set the bridge, others could not, even guitars from the same year.

ARandall

Reaction score
This is a dicussion forum buddy and I don't think even Steve Vai practices 24 hours a day.
I'm sure any pro you choose to name has an infinitely better grasp of the meaningful things to be worried about.

Injector

Reaction score
It’s pretty fucked up. Need ti sell it. Sorry for being the one to tell you.

Ok.... I have no clue! Does it play well?
I'm specifically asking people who think that bridge height is a thing. Lots subscribe to the Joe Walsh school of the lower the better but some do like the high riders. I think why not have a middling bridge height for the best of both worlds...

The thing is that some bridges are too high for my taste even when the TR is set properly and the action is low. Those guitars whether they play well or not just don't float my boat.

Injector

Reaction score
Not sure if you can form any conclusions given bridge height is adjustable and factory setups are notoriously high. I don't have a brand new R but have had several over the years, some could fit a second thumbwheel after I set the bridge, others could not, even guitars from the same year.
Sure factory set-ups are often high but some LPs could easily fit 3 thumbwheels under the bridge even with a low action.

Reactions: Jer

bluesoul

Reaction score
I am specifically justing fucking with ya.... like joking around. Looks like you are on a serious mission.
I hope you get some answers that help rather than my nonsense!
Good luck!

Injector

Reaction score
I am specifically justing fucking with ya.... like joking around. Looks like you are on a serious mission.
I hope you get some answers that help rather than my nonsense!
Good luck!
Yeah, the mission is super-serious :)

Renegade

Reaction score

I don't see anything wrong with that. If it plays well and the strings are not hitting the back of the bridge, you should be good to go.

Gold Tone

Reaction score
Not sure how people have been able to answer your questions through photos without knowing your string action or your neck relief. Without knowing that all the answers so far have had zero meaning

calieng

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how people have been able to answer your questions through photos without knowing your string action or your neck relief. Without knowing that all the answers so far have had zero meaning

It is well known by those with good experience with Les Pauls that the bridges have been set lower in recent years due to slightly flatter neck angles. And the OP is correct that just recently the bridges are sitting higher....apparently from slightly steeper neck angles. Not sure if this was on purpose or just a different guy fitting the necks now.

I don't think other peoples comments have zero meaning.

Latest Threads