Refinishing Epiphone LP std ebony.

crazydiamond

Reaction score
Nice work! I am in the middle of a refinish of my Epi LP. I was applying the wood conditioner to the body when it came crashing down snapping the neck. Hopefully I can glue it. I had just finished fixing a previously cracked neck from the previous owner.

jc2000

Reaction score
WOW! that came out really nice. I love the finish.

[email protected]

Reaction score
This must be one the most beautiful Les Pauls I have ever seen. If only I could pull off such a finish. It just looks so elegant. I'm such a big fan of this kind of finishes. Very-very nice work !

DPaterson89

Reaction score
Great finish, very unique.

Did you buy all of the black hardware new?, I have a similar les paul and was thinking about switching out the chrome hardware for all black once I get my EMG pickups installed.

What make/models are they and do you feel they are any different to the originals?

:thumb:

Tommy71

Reaction score
Thanks for comments !

Great finish, very unique.

Did you buy all of the black hardware new?, I have a similar les paul and was thinking about switching out the chrome hardware for all black once I get my EMG pickups installed.

What make/models are they and do you feel they are any different to the originals?

:thumb:
Yes, i buy all black hardware new,,, bridge, tailpiece, knobs, toggle switch, etc,, except tuners that i paint black. For pickups, i just removed chrome pickup covers and replaced original creme pickup rings to black. I buy all these stuff from local web store for a low price and they sounds good, i dont feel any different to original..

u find all parts and models here: Boston Guitar Parts

Mr Teeny

Reaction score
Wow amazing job love that colour, the wood dye's worked really well. I'm thinking of stripping an Epi just to wood and looking at that if the wood's no good at least there are decent options other than going back to a solid colour

Preacher403

Reaction score
Came out looking really nice! It's an Gibson LPJ kind of cool, only way better!

Reaction score
yea, thats really nice man. im glad it worked out so well, theres nothing worse than a ugly black guitar lol what did you use for stripper?

Tommy71

Reaction score
Yeah bro I'm curious about the stripping process. Also, when you got through the poly, did you also sand off the veneer?
Thanks!
I used sandpaper, paint scraper and mouse sander with 80 grit sanding sheets,, that mouse sander worked really well. yes i sand off the veneer..

Latest Threads