Refinish is Back

Phillycheez402

Reaction score
@Phillycheez402

$300 here: https://www.backwoodsguitar.com

Really nice folks down in Sedalia, MO. That's only about an hour and fifty minutes from the sprawling metropolis that is Platte City! :)
Damn,

I'm not terribly far away but I have an LP I'd love to have re done in a cherry type finish. But I also dont have a super flexible work schedule...

That price doesnt seem bad at all either.

Phillycheez402

Reaction score
I wonder if that's because mine was solid colors all around and not a burst finish. That said, is the cherry type finish you want a burst?
No, I want a flat out cherry finish - no burst

And that was their estimate before they even asked what I wanted...

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Epic indeed. That incipient clownburst would probably have been improved by any refin color scheme
, but this is just over the top!

moreles

Reaction score
Congrats on having the confidence to do what you want with your own guitar, and I'm glad you like the result. Sure looks terrific -- hard to believe it was only $300 if it's as well done as the pics suggest.

Platte City Paul

Reaction score
Congrats on having the confidence to do what you want with your own guitar, and I'm glad you like the result. Sure looks terrific -- hard to believe it was only $300 if it's as well done as the pics suggest.
There are a few spots on the binding I'm going to go back and scrape.

As for the confidence, I've changed so much on that guitar already. It's a tool. I know that sounds crass to some ears here, but if it doesn't feel or look right, I'm gonna change it.

That said, I'm not dumb! If this was a vintage LP or a Custom Shop offering, it's staying stock! :p

Latest Threads