red tide

redcoats1976

Reaction score
yup,channel 13 news finally admits the st. pete/clearwater area has a "medium" case of red tide.if you plan on vacationing in florida its time to change your plans if you booked rooms in this area.dead fish,lots of seaweed on the beach and in the water and eye and respiratory irritation possible.i guess i will be making the longer drive to the east coast for at least the next month.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That shit needs to clear up…. Be in Sara end of next month…. That crap was bad a year or so ago….. Stank from hell on Lido Key…. A 400-500 lb grouper washed up year before last…and a gillion fish…

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause?

We like to vacation in Fort Myers. Is it extending down that far?

• Sad
Reactions: Who

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Didn't they just dump a bunch of crap in the water recently? Or am i remembering something else?

redcoats1976

Reaction score
this is brought to you by the phosphate industry and inaction by local government.the nutrient laden water was stored in huge retention ponds for years.when the bottom of the dam started to leak and the dam threatened to burst these geniuses thought it would be safe to release hundreds of thousands of gallons of contaminated water directly into tampa bay without treating the water first.they would also like to dispose of more of it by injecting it into deep wells below the floridan aquifer,which is where we currently obtain our drinking water.our springs are slowly drying up because the state continues unsustainable population growth and everyone needs more water for drinking and their backyard pool.oh yeah,almost forgot to mention that our state is built on limestone,very porous and when enough water is removed huge underground caverns open up .thats how sinkholes are formed...think about a hole forming in 24 hours thats big enough to swallow a house.its happened here recently.sorry for the rant but im triggered ...

redcoats1976

Reaction score
That shit needs to clear up…. Be in Sara end of next month…. That crap was bad a year or so ago….. Stank from hell on Lido Key…. A 400-500 lb grouper washed up year before last…and a gillion fish…
if you can change your plans the east coast is looking much better,say from daytona or further north...

Reactions: ehb

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you can change your plans the east coast is looking much better,say from daytona or further north...

Goddamn, man-- don't send 'em here! :mad:

I would advise everybody to stay the hell out of Florida altogether. After all, everybody down here is crazy and stupid and the smartest guy in the whole state only has a two-digit IQ, and what's worse is y'all might end up catching something that doesn't exist in ANY state other than Florida or see some terrible crime that doesn't happen ANYWHERE but Florida or something!

--R

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score

I would advise everybody to stay the hell out of Florida altogether. After all, everybody down here is crazy and stupid and the smartest guy in the whole state only has a two-digit IQ, and what's worse is y'all might end up catching something that doesn't exist in ANY state other than Florida or see some terrible crime that doesn't happen ANYWHERE but Florida or something!

--R
+ 1 fucking zillion

sonar1

Reaction score

--R
Don’t sell yourself short, Toe.
You have a higher IQ than that!
Anybody who can put a sentence together like you is smarter than your average bear.

Matter of fact, you could use a few less.
Nah.
Never mind. The rest will just grunt approval

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

--R

Tolt em and tolt em, we all closed down here.... Too dangerous..... Too close to FL... Bridges out, bluebonnet plague is rampant, big snakes everywhere, and them damn giant lizards from GA.... Radiation everywhere..... Don't even need flashlights as we all glow in the dark.... Gators everywhere walking the streets.... Popeye's is all out of chicken everywhere....

UPDATE: Somebody with book lernin' figured out that half-life thingie and the radiation should be ok by about 3812AD so we may opern up on a limited basis after that..... Until then, We Closed....

I hear TX is cool in the summers....so go there.... and stay out from down here..... Ain't safe....Ain't safe at all....

:cool2:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a timeshare on Lido Key we go to every summer.... Wife's actually, was her mom's..... Lido Key is nice where we are... Close to the end with no way off south end so no thru traffic and no stores of any kind in our area.... Very quiet and not much traffic at all....

I'd like to go to the Daytona area but in the winter.... I prefer beach areas in slow times.... Room overlooking the water close enough to hear the surf... I don't give a damn about swimming in the gulf or ocean.... Pool maybe.... I like the quiet....

I've been down to the Redneck Riviera in the winter and enjoyed it. (Panama City, FL) Lot of places closed, rooms cheap.... Quiet.... Old nice motel on the beach down there that does NOT do online at all.... and I ain't telling..... ;)

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don’t sell yourself short, Toe.
You have a higher IQ than that!
Anybody who can put a sentence together like you is smarter than your average bear.

Matter of fact, you could use a few less.
Nah.
Never mind. The rest will just grunt approval
:laugh2:

Ah has to tell y'all a Big Secret...

Da guy who y'all think is me ain't really me. Instead, when ah gets to soundin' all edjamucated an' shit, whut yous really readin' is Edro, ghost writin' and posin' as me.

Dis here post is mo' lahk whut ah sounds lahk in persun.

--R :p

Last edited:

Latest Threads