Red sports cars

danohat

Reaction score
My first car. Thanks, dad. Not my pic but exactly the same except mine had T tops.
43ECFAFB-0DA9-4777-AC84-D130721BB70D.jpeg

scrumm21

Reaction score
My RED '72 Jensen Healy 4 Speed ( and my bro's black Jensen Healy 5 Speed ) I took these Pics in 1978

That Jensen could turn on a dime, tightest steering ratio I ever drove. Spin the wheel Fully to the Left and that left rear wheel barely moved off its spot. Mall Parking Lot Time Trial Rallys back in the 70's - Jensen did Not have acceleration the 260z's had but I could circle the cones tighter and faster. Wish I had Better Pics
Side Note - Its 1973 cc Lotus 907 dual overhead cam, 16-valve all-alloy engine was the first modern dual overhead cam 4 valve per cylinder engine to be mass-produced on an assembly line.

I Had So Much Fun the 8 years I drove it.......
( My and my brothers Jensens )
2 jensens.jpg

Next 2 Pics from when I was visiting campus of the former Ky Military Institute { 1848 - 1971 } in 1978. I had an Uncle graduate from KMI in 1929 and a cousin who is class of '56 ( he turned 85 yesterday ) - I was a 1st yr student there in '71 when it folded at end of school year. ( thanks in part to Viet Nam war) Have great memories of my year at KMI )

Jensen Kmi 1.JPG

Jensen Kmi 2.JPG

redcoats1976

Reaction score
my son has a 1993 honda del sol SI,red,black/red interior,300,000 miles on it.had to replace the catalytic convertor yesterday.head has never been off the motor.my daughter bought it with 56k on it,sold it to me with 128k on it and i put over 100k on it in 10 years before selling it(cheap)to my son.its been repainted a few times and had new seat upholstery when i was driving it...still looks damn good.

danohat

Reaction score
I also had a red Nissan 240sx when they first came out. Was my mom's and she couldn't stand driving a stick anymore. Dad made her get the stick so it would be more fun. Ha

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
The biggest problems with red cars are they stick out like a sore thumb on the highways.
If you do something stupid its kind of hard to blend in with the other cars..
Yeah. I used to drive a Kia Soul before I got my GT86/BRZ, and I can tell you, the attitude of other drivers around me changed instantly, and not in a good way.

Suddenly others (especially other sports car owners) felt inclined to make a statement... cutting off, trying to race you (when I have no intention to and I'm happily minding my own business in the slow lane), and generally driving like a d*ck around you. I hate to say this as I'm not that kinda person, but is it a jealousy thing?

Olds442

Reaction score
I had a red M3 that I sold to buy my red 427 Vette that I still have. The M3 I ordered in that particular color. The Vette was the best color available of the cars the dealer had.
what year was the 427?
My daily driver is a Mazda MX-5 (Miata) RF. Great little car, drives like a go cart and gets around 33 MPG. I've got to say this color red is really striking.

mazda has the best red. lexus is a close second.

NotScott

Reaction score
what year was the 427?

The 427 was a very limited run Chevy did at the end of the C6 run in model year 2013. It used a Grand Sport convertible chassis, the drive train from a Z06 and the suspension from a ZR1. They then dressed it up a bit with a lot of carbon fiber panels and when they were done, it was one of the fastest, production sports cars of its day.
I bought mine new and still have it. It feels like a mini-vacation every time I take it out for a spin. Fitting a convertible with over 500 HP will do that. :cool:

1xhqhfx.jpg

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
You guys have some awesome card and bikes. As for red drawing attention…it certainly did. The cops liked to pull me over :mad:

Olds442

Reaction score
The 427 was a very limited run Chevy did at the end of the C6 run in model year 2013. It used a Grand Sport convertible chassis, the drive train from a Z06 and the suspension from a ZR1. They then dressed it up a bit with a lot of carbon fiber panels and when they were done, it was one of the fastest, production sports cars of its day.
I bought mine new and still have it. It feels like a mini-vacation every time I take it out for a spin. Fitting a convertible with over 500 HP will do that. :cool:

1xhqhfx.jpg
that's a keeper, do you know how many they made like this? i would guess it's a bit rare.

NotScott

Reaction score
that's a keeper, do you know how many they made like this? i would guess it's a bit rare.

I plan on keeping it. There is nothing that can touch it in its value range.

I believe they made 3500 of them but in all the years I have had mine, I have never seen another in the wild.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
We had a red 1994 BMW M3, sold it to buy a car big enough for a baby seat in the back.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful car!

While we were waiting in the showroom to complete the paperwork on my Wife's new car I checked out the Lexus version of this car. And loved it! It was a dark gray color. If I were to buy a "normal" type car it would be the the IS 500.
It's plenty quick, though only 220hp. Most comfortable car I've had since my '69 Buick, and it gets nearly 50mpg, so I'm burning les than 2 gallons a day when I used to burn almost 3 even in my Corolla, and over 6 in the Suburban.

Latest Threads