Red Dead Redemption 2

James R

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s a monster.
I have fairly decent internet speed at around 120-130Mbps but it still took considerable time to download.
I wish I would’ve paid attention to how long, but I had it downloading while I was spending time playing guitar.

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Although TBH, so far the mood is more like Deadwood crossed with Unforgiven.
Man oh man, Deadwood was so great. I need to rewatch that series. Especially with the HBO movie coming up to tie up the loose ends.
giphy.gif

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Finally got to dig into this and it's just mindblowing.

The first thing that hit me was the visuals. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV and even coming from the realm of PC gaming I'm blown away by how good the game looks.

Beyond the surface, it's incredible just how much game is packed into this thing. This is more of a role playing game than anything I've seen from Bethesda, it honestly makes Fallout look like puke. This is a game that's worth full price just for how much you get. I've put about six hours into it and I've barely scratched the surface.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Oh man, watching gameplay teasers... it's as much of a masterpiece as expected and even more. Gonna be a good one! Makes up for the lack of a new GTA for ages.

Lampens

Reaction score
It's a big ass game for sure. The visuals are stunning. The extra characters roaming the world weird as expected. :thumb:

James R

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to today.
I’m going to get all my chore’n done and settle in for some RDR2.
I didn’t get a chance to play at all yesterday, and only got a couple hours in on Friday, so I haven’t even really scratched the surface yet.
I’m hoping for a marathon day, but we’ll see what else comes up in the meantime.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I played about 2 hours last night. Slow start for sure...you’re taking part in a movie.

However, I had to force myself to go to bed at around 1am due to the fact that my daughter was going to wake me up around 7:30 (really not so Bad).

Now she’s got dibs on the tv for a bit so I won’t play til she goes to bed what with the language and the violence and all: :)

JesseXGibson

Reaction score
Put about 15-20 hrs in so far, I love every aspect of it. Kinda sucks you can’t fast travel from anywhere other than your camp (at this point anyway in the story, unless I’m blind) but it’s awesome riding the horses so it’s not that bad

Last edited:

PeteK

Reaction score
I haven't been able to play since Friday. I just barely got to the first town. I got my special edition free guns unlocked. Still haven't got my horse.

James R

Reaction score
Arrgh!
I killed the legendary bear, which is a mission that you get pretty early on.
Cool.
I head for the trapper on the map to sell my pelt and when I get there, I have the pelt on my shoulder and walk up to him, hit the wrong button, and BLAM!
I shot him dead.
I immediately reloaded my last autosave and now I have the pelt but the trapper has completely disappeared off my map.
I don’t know what to do.
Start over?
Dang.

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep reading that people are waking up without their hat ? Didn't read too much into it cause I don't have the game but saw a story about it this morning

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Man oh man, Deadwood was so great. I need to rewatch that series. Especially with the HBO movie coming up to tie up the loose ends.
giphy.gif

Uhh, errgh, whut?

Whassiss?

What's this about a Deadwood movie?

Spill the deets, man. I NEED to know about this.

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

smk506

Reaction score
Damn it. I fucked up, shoulda waited for RDR2 :facepalm::rofl:.

Assasins Creed is regulated back to the 'buy on clearance list'. I'm having fun with it but it's rehashed crap and they're just getting lazier and lazier while they trip on their dicks to prove how PC they are.

Damn it.

Latest Threads