Red Dead Redemption 2

Howard2k

Reaction score
yeah I hear you. That's what I was thinking watching the review. It looks awesome but damn, I'm really busy lately. A game like that takes a serious time investment

I agree as well.
I plan on this game taking me a year or more to play, kind of like Skyrim, which I never even finished after playing for a year or two, although it was sporadically whenever the mood hit me and not hard core gaming sessions.

I played Skyrim a few times, but intentionally skipped some side quests for subsequent play throughs to keep up some variation. I got a good 18 months from it I’m sure. Witcher 3 has useful stats since I’m playing a single game. I’m just into the second DLC, and at 204 hours. I picked it up in June and I think I have another week or two to go I expect. I paid CAD$26.79 for the game and the DLC. That’s damn good value to me, and I know there are other games I have but even haven’t played yet. I get new games with Playstation Plus and some of those are good. That’s partly why I don’t pay $80 for the big titles when new. That and all the bugs. There are so many amazing good value games out there.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah it should be.

James R

Reaction score
Just finished Spiderman. Pretty good game. Bought the city that never sleeps dlc. The heist is on now. Waiting for it to load. Another story in Nov. Another in Dec
I just finished The Heist, it’s super short but it adds more Screwball challenges, crimes, and the art theft stuff.
Overall I found it pretty, idk, meh.
It was still a great game overall though, and it felt good to swing around the city again after I’ve been bashing skulls in Ancient Greece for the last little while in Assassin’s Creed.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
I might actually fork over the extra $20 for the special edition. I usually never do that kind of stuff, but you get some cool goodies like a better horse and a pistol.

Remember though, that if the horse dies, it's dead. D-e-d. Stonedead. Never to return. Gone for the longest journey. No "insert coin", game over (for the horse)
I'd like to have the guns and suit though. And extra heist mission. Sweet looking map.....etc.

Reaction score
How can you not be psyched for this game? Rockstar put so much attention to detail into this game that the weather affects how low your horse's balls hang. No, that's not hyperbole, that is actually a part of the dynamic world Rockstar has built.

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20181025-234057_Twitter.jpg

PeteK

Reaction score
If the main story is 50 hours that means with side quests it's got to be well over 100 hours

parts

Reaction score
My son got his pre ordered this evening..waiting for the DLC..went to sleep he gets up about 6am to play then off to work at 9am..

Lampens

Reaction score
Pre ordered. Will arrive today. But have a late shift in the hospital tonight. :(
Pre ordered gets you some extra guns and horse too.)
Tomorrow it will be then. The weather is crap so good for gaming this weekend. :thumb:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
I keep seeing guys with thousands of dollars in gear say they don't want to pay $60 for a game. I'm not rich but its $60 bucks.
That's 1/8 of what I can expect for a monthly salary if all goes well. I'm a fresh college graduate on the hunt for a first job. Spending 60$ on a game is a big deal, would rather go for something guitar related, or something that's really useful. And like it was mentioned, it's a time investment, too. Though with RDR at least it's worth the investment... any Rockstar game is pretty much worth it.

This game is definitely a beautiful masterpiece, though. I can't wait to play it once I do. Even though I never played the first part because it was also an exclusive. I just happen to have a PS4, so maybe will play this one! Rockstar kinda lost track because of the huge success of GTA Online, good to see them back.

PeteK

Reaction score
Got my hard copy today. Popped it in. 2 hour install! Jeez that's the most I've seen from a hard copy

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought Amazon didn't collect money until something ships?

for me they seem to only hit my account once something is shipping.

James R

Reaction score
Funny, I just cancelled my Prime yesterday (still valid until June, but turned off the auto renewal).
I find the service to be getting worse in a fairly rapid fashion.
They sent me an email because I complained about the last item I ordered through Prime not shipping until the day it was supposed to arrive, and then it still took over a week to arrive after that. I also explained that the last 5 orders I placed had issues of one sort or another.
In the email response they apologized profusely, and hoped that they could make it up to me by giving me $5 off my next order.
That’s $1 for each time they screwed up.

Sorry, I’m out.
I should do more shopping locally anyways.

Latest Threads