Red Dead Redemption 2

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
My copy is in the mail. Too bad it will take ~7-9 days. (Netherlands-->Greece)
Dowloading it isn't an option with this ADSL connection here in Rhodes, Greece
Will be very busy when it arrives though.
Grand Theft Horse 1 is one of my all time favorite games ;)

Howard2k

Reaction score
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2s-file-size-is-huge/1100-6462634/

According to the support page, Red Dead Redemption 2 weighs in at 99 GB on PS4. You'll need to have even more room if you're going digital, as the installation process will require an additional 50 GB on top of that. Xbox One owners, meanwhile, will need to have 107 GB to install the game.

There has been much speculation over how big Red Dead Redemption 2's size is, although all previous estimates have indicated that it was going to be quite hefty. The box for the Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4 Pro bundle suggested it was going to be 105 GB, while the Microsoft Store listed it as approximately 88 GB.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
There's no doubt that RDR2 will be a technical tour de force, little less than a complete re-invention of the open world game.

What remains to be seen is whether the writing measures up to the Oscar-grade standard of the first, and whether Arthur Morgan is as compelling and complex a protagonist as John Marston.

James R

Reaction score
I keep seeing guys with thousands of dollars in gear say they don't want to pay $60 for a game. I'm not rich but its $60 bucks.
That’s pretty funny actually, but I can totally see the reasoning too.
Sometimes when you want to buy thousands worth of new gear you have to prioritize and be somewhat frugal in other areas.
Still funny though.

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
To each their own. I'm not buying it, but its cause I'm not that interested. Maybe down the line when I run out of games to play I already have I may give it a shot.

James R

Reaction score
I feel like, for me, the $100 CDN I paid for the ultimate (or whatever it’s called) edition will probably work out to less than a dollar/hour that I play the game for, maybe even less than a dime/hour if it’s as huge as I expect it to be.
For me, that’s an extremely small investment for the amount of entertainment I’ll get out of it.
Yup, justification at its finest right there, boys. :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
To each their own. I'm not buying it, but its cause I'm not that interested. Maybe down the line when I run out of games to play I already have I may give it a shot.

why do you hate America?

I'm trying to ignore the hype. I'm sure I'll get it at some point.

edit: watching a little bit of that review, it really does look pretty fantastic.

Last edited:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, don't really want to become immersed in huge video games anymore. They're way too big nowadays.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah I hear you. That's what I was thinking watching the review. It looks awesome but damn, I'm really busy lately. A game like that takes a serious time investment

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, don't really want to become immersed in huge video games anymore. They're way too big nowadays.
True dat. I have an 11 month old baby at home so I really only get a little bit of time after she goes to bed where I can even play a video game anymore. But I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It will probably take me a year to get to the end.

James R

Reaction score
A game like that takes a serious time investment
I agree as well.
I plan on this game taking me a year or more to play, kind of like Skyrim, which I never even finished after playing for a year or two, although it was sporadically whenever the mood hit me and not hard core gaming sessions.

smk506

Reaction score
When the time comes to play it, I may take vacation time to binge through it asap. :D

Latest Threads