Recommendations on a bridge pick up for a Les Paul Standard

Great R8

Reaction score
Amongst what has already been mentioned, you could also try taking the covers off, costs nothing. Personally, I'd also change the vol/tone pots to 1Meg and/or mod to a no load tone pot. Then there's capacitors, you'd have to research that. If you know how to solder, this would be cheap as well.

Non-rabbit

Reaction score
My favorite is the Burstbucker 61t. The set is stock in the current Classics. It's perfect for me - not a "hot" pickup but pushes a little harder than your typical vintage spec. Very bright but in a natural sounding way and easily tamed with the tone knob.

Kapitan Krunch

Reaction score
Im sure a BB3 is fine too. A bit hotter. Never tried one.
Do you think the BB2 will also be hotter than the custombucker that I use in the neck? I can't find online what's the custombucker output

dro

Reaction score
Everybody had their own opinion. And they all stink. You gotta find what you like.
I don't care for 57's in a Les Paul at all. They're great in an SG or 335. 490's are good.
Also a big fan of BB pro's. Not so much the 1's, 2's, and 3's.
Also I really can't stand a humbucker that splits. They never sound quite right in humbucker mode.
I feel that Gibson pickups sold in the aftermarket. Just like car parts. Are ones that didn't quite make the grade, to go in a stock guitar
Have had best luck, (with Gibson anyway) pickups. Buying take offs.
Other than that, I tend to stick to Seymore Duncan. 59's or maybe Antiquity.
But that is for my style. You can't know my style anymore than I can know yours.

Latest Threads