Recommendation - Tortoise Shell Pickguard for a Custom Shop TV SC

lawrev

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a vendor that makes very colorful / vibrant tortoise shell pickguards.Single ply and transparent like the originals. I have a Custom Shop TV reissue single cut and I want to purchase one. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Last edited:

kakerlak

Reaction score
What are you looking for? Single ply transparent, like the originals? Multiply, like sixties Fenders? The streaky/straight line pattern like prewar flattops? Something else?

DanD

Reaction score
Pickguardian has a few choices for tortoise.

I really like their pre-war striped/flamed tort.

I've always had good results with them.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Anybody else remember the cool 50/50 yellow/brown mottled single ply transparent guards Hondo was using on those "Fame" teles back in the eighties? That'd be a cool look on a TV model. Anything that lets a good bit of that yellow shine through and pop will look good

lawrev

Reaction score
What are you looking for? Single ply transparent, like the originals? Multiply, like sixties Fenders? The streaky/straight line pattern like prewar flattops?

Single ply transparent like the originals.

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did you try Mojoaxe?
I made this translucent celluloid pickguard earlier this week for a customer's refinished 1959 DC Junior. I have more material as well as pickguard templates for the Historic Reissue DC and SC Juniors, so no problem making another one.

I made this SC guard for a Reissue Junior a while back:

Drop me an email [email protected]

- Dan

Last edited:

lawrev

Reaction score
I made this translucent celluloid pickguard earlier this week for a customer's refinished 1959 DC Junior. I have more material as well as pickguard templates for the Historic Reissue DC and SC Juniors, so no problem making another one.

I made this SC guard for a Reissue Junior a while back:

Drop me an email [email protected]

- Dan
Both look great, but the first version is more what I had in mind. Email coming....

lawrev

Reaction score
Just installed this Mojoaxe pickguard, courtesy of @Danelectro. Photo is not the best, and I still need to do a proper NGD. But I can say without reservation that @Danelectro does fantastic work and I recommend him highly. Gives this TV reissue the pop I was looking for!

Les Paul TV with Mojoaxe.jpg

Latest Threads