Reason Some YouTube Players Stay on YouTube

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Jesus, nobody can even mention anxiety without a bunch of regressive scumbags coming out of the woodwork to say how medically recognized conditions are "fake news". Ugh...

Jeez, now allergies an asthma are "fake" too? There is almost no parodying the absurdity of this willful ignorance. What's next? "Death isn't real, just pull yourself back up by your bootstraps you fucking snowflakes!!!" :rolleyes:

I love when people who have no freaking clue what they're talking about try to suggest psychologists or other experts are on their side. No, they are not. Try actually doing even the slightest bit of research. There are MANY ways to deal with anxiety, of which exposure is but ONE. In no way whatsoever is it the "ONLY". The most widely recognized and effective one is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Yawn! Fake news...

Psychologists and other experts are on my side.

Cheers

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching his video about this. I was expecting someting more like couldn't handle the metal groupie chicks.....or you want me to play bass? WTF are you kidding me, I play guitar, not bass!!!

JFC....snowflake, MAN UP....I know some will accuse me of being insensitive to his plight but how much longer do we have to molly coddle people who just up and say 'oh I can't do x y or z because I've got anxiety'. Part of adulting is dealing with it. This is no exception. And yes as annoyingly silly as he can be in his videos, he's a great player.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Stevie is like one of those guys we used to hear about that could blow everyone away but at best plays in his church’s folk group. At least these guys have an outlet.
When I had been playing maybe a year I tried the church group thing. My mom was making me go and no one else could play guitar. I wasn't really comfortable with my skills to be in an actual band, but I passed the audition before I said yes just because I played guitar.

I'd practice with these songs I hated, but I wanted to play, so I learned them. Then I'd go to practice, and we're going to change all this stuff from how the actual band plays it and I learned it. And when we play live we're going to plug your amp into a DI box, so you can't hear if you're playing a song we changed until you don't know it the right way. Somehow, through watching the bass player and drummer, and printing out the chords for songs, changing stuff to their way and taping them to the back of speakers, according to my friends I never actually messed anything up.

On one hand, I'm pretty good at, if it's something basic, I can pick up what you're playing and play along, on the other, that's some bullshit. I can get bitching at someone that went into the bridge if it was supposed to be a chorus, but not if someone goes into the bridge when the song is supposed to go into the bridge but y'all changed shit around and we aren't playing the bridge, but nobody bothered to tell me.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I had been playing maybe a year I tried the church group thing. My mom was making me go and no one else could play guitar. I wasn't really comfortable with my skills to be in an actual band, but I passed the audition before I said yes just because I played guitar.
Similar experience.
My high school drama department was doing a production of the musical "The Runaways"
I had only been playing for a year or maybe two... had recently traded in my Les Paul copy for my '78 Antigua Strat.
Every guitarist at the school auditioned.
I was not the best, but I was #2... ONLY because I could read music.
I ended up getting the part, because the guy who was #1 could also play bass, and NONE of the bass players who auditioned could read music.

I checked out the album from the public library, recorded it on tape, and worked my tail off getting the parts down.
I never could get the Reggae rhythm down on one of the tunes... Bass player and I swapped instruments for that one.