Reason Some YouTube Players Stay on YouTube

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, mate, so I was a pro at 17, my bandmates were all minimum 3 yrs my seniors and we gigged every weekend in pubs, occational weddings, NCO army clubs and made really good money ...back in 1967. I was the singer cum rhythm guitarist, fronting the stage, got the girls.
At the time that was what you consider Professional. High school was a mere side job, poor hobby. As a student at university my main income came from busking and helping out with any band or group that had a vacancy. Again, a Professional? There's more to that, I believe.
I myself saw me as a successful amateur.
That's if you think of what you're doing as a past time. Stevie, if he is making videos as more than a past time and earning money from it, is a pro.
Are music teachers who don't write, perform or record professional musicians?

Dark Horse

Reaction score
Stevie T, Jared Dines and Music Is Win, the way they carry on you would think they have invented a new chord or scale and even though they are good at playing guitar their original music is very generic and dull.

Frog Leap Studios is another one, he does play live but he turns everything into a parody rather than a cover. He has 4.19 millions subscribers so what do I know!

Zungle

Reaction score
Quite a bit of over thinking here.......

A professional makes a living from their craft.......

Last edited:

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frog Leap Studios is another one, he does play live but he turns everything into a parody rather than a cover. He has 4.19 millions subscribers so what do I know!
I'm sure Weird Al is laughing all the way to the bank.

Parody is still creativity, and good parody is much harder than doing straight covers.
Leo does covers in his own style and it works. Sometimes the videos are parody-like, but if you just listen and ignore the video content, the songs generally work well.

Dark Horse

Reaction score
I'm sure Weird Al is laughing all the way to the bank.

Parody is still creativity, and good parody is much harder than doing straight covers.
Leo does covers in his own style and it works. Sometimes the videos are parody-like, but if you just listen and ignore the video content, the songs generally work well.
That's the problem I don't think his covers work that well, he can't seem to help himself with the grunting. Just my taste, I like light and shade, soft vocals heavy music for example. If he would just let some of the singers he works with sing the whole songs it would probably be better.

He also tends to lose the groove in some of the pop songs he covers. Again, my tastes but I like the variation whereas he just goes to an extreme and it sounds comical at times to me.

Steven

Reaction score
Regarding beginning of threads anxiety chatter which I just read for the first time.

I suffer with Panic disorder, and housebound agoraphobia. It's no fun. Ironically when I was able to get out and play I LOVED performing in front of large crowds. Anxiety can be a very strange thing especially in the ways it manifests itself. Performing was as though a type of lesser excitement/anxiety displaced the terror of performing for me, I can't explain the "why's" about these anxiety related issues, I just know firsthand THEY SUCK. Yet it's part of who I currently am. I am and have been (most of my life) in therapy and on med's. Severe anxiety is no fun living with.

Last edited:

Dark Horse

Reaction score
Regarding beginning of threads anxiety chatter which I just read for the first time.

I suffer with Panic disorder, and housebound agoraphobia. It's no fun. Ironically when I was able to get out and play I LOVED performing in front of large crowds. Anxiety can be a very strange thing especially in the ways it manifests itself. Performing was as though a type of lesser excitement/anxiety displaced the terror of performing for me, I can't explain the "why's" about these anxiety related issues, I just know firsthand THEY SUCK. Yet it's part of who I currently am. I am and have been (most of my life) in therapy and on med's. Severe anxiety is no fun living with.
Definitely not and I have had bouts of depression and PTSD myself. I know it's no fun at all. What gets me with Stevie though is he makes himself a target and often makes fun of others just seems odd to me as he then cries victim when he cops abuse in the comments.

Reaction score
it might just be a case of me being an asshole, but I'm so sick of hearing people talk about, "muh anxiety." Suddenly (seemingly) everyone in the past few years has anxiety and can't function as a human being. ... and half of them want weed prescriptions for 'their anxiety.. :rolleyes:

makes me want to be like that Cobra Kai scene where he throws the kids inhaler away.

I see the likes, but I thought you sounded like a real immature asshole who has not done any actual living. Because you don't agree with a thing doesn't mean you get to denigrate, and then denigrate others who have problems that you do not. Where is your funny video about snatching chemo out of a kids hand and throwing it away, or maybe the Klonopin for a veteran who has PTSD? I'll say it again, you sound like a real fucking loser douchebag asshole who has a lot to learn. Fuck you. Oh, and fuck you again.

Chango Malo

Reaction score
You know you posted your reply within the quoted post, right? You might want to fix that before everybody just writes you off as an idiot.

Oops, may be too late. You done already been called out,

Now I really don't give a shit about the whupping yer gonna take about your posting style in your response. That's all on you, you ordered your steak well done and the chefs are gonna serve it up all burnt around the edges. Don't like it? Next time don't order your steak well done.
FWIW, you come across as a far bigger asshole than Mal did in the post you quoted. His was an exasperated eyeroll; yours is an intolerant self righteous vault right onto the high horse of virtue.

"Nice Try"...

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he's obviously triggered and needs some weed to deal with his anxieties.

it's fun when someone quotes something you said over a year and a half ago and gets all mad. Talk about looking for shit to be offended by. :laugh2:

you know he got a lot of pats on the head growing up,.. bless his heart

tenor.gif

Latest Threads