Reason Some YouTube Players Stay on YouTube

Ed B

Reaction score
In the documentary “Hired Gun”, Rob Zombie talks about how small the music industry really is. Says that the music we hear is all played by a handful of hired guns who never see the light of day.

The process is talent first. He says the talent pool is enormous. Thousands and thousands of top notch musicians.

This gets narrowed down significantly by appearance. Does this person fit the bands image?

Then it comes down personality, The handful of people you get along with and would be OK spending all your time with.

Makes sense. And could explain why Youtubers are stuck there.

I recommend the documentary.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
In the documentary “Hired Gun”, Rob Zombie talks about how small the music industry really is. Says that the music we hear is all played by a handful of hired guns who never see the light of day.

The process is talent first. He says the talent pool is enormous. Thousands and thousands of top notch musicians.

This gets narrowed down significantly by appearance. Does this person fit the bands image?

Then it comes down personality, The handful of people you get along with and would be OK spending all your time with.

Makes sense. And could explain why Youtubers are stuck there.

I recommend the documentary.
And this is nothing new.
Look up the movie "The Wrecking Crew"
That group of musicians was responsible for virtually every top-40 song of the surf/pop/motown late 60s/early 70s era. The Beach Boys sound like Jan and Dean because they were effectively the same band.

Some became successful solo acts, like Glen Campbell and Leon Russell.
The Beach Boys recordings were all from the studio musicians. The "band" only learned the songs well enough to perform live. Wilson found it much easier and more efficient to go into the studio with the crew rather than deal with the band... and this was true for Bread, 5th Dimension, etc....

Things changed a bit with the move in music to more recognizable bands through the 70s... at least with respect to hard rock/metal. Pop music where the focus is on the frontman/woman or pair has always and will always be the domain of the unseen studio musician.
But even among bands where the members are well known, as Rob said, you still draw your talent from the studio musician pool when auditioning, but whether you can actually play well is simply the first step in the audition process.

This is paying your dues.
Years of working 18 hour days... sometimes uncredited, rarely on stage, and never in the spotlight. The smart ones bank their income and live like paupers.

Qam

Reaction score
I once subscribed to Toby "Tobascus" Turner because he was a young novelty-songs artist, and I wanted to see what would come of him.

Well, he moves from Mississippi, gets a $2m pad off Ventura Blvd sidestreets, sees all that AdSense money flooding in from his Happy Wheels and Minecraft play-thru age demographic, then forgot the music.

I followed his rise, and fall. Earned millions in Google ads, now he neither cares about songcraft, or YT. And I just remember: on my school days if I had to lose an afternoon when I had to detour coming straight home because I had to get new strings, I'd be really annoyed over losing playing time for that day.

So you know what: let these Great Players of Youtube like these Rick Beato guys do presale and pay-to-play club gigs. See how they like it.

Yknow: lets see if theres some true conversion rate going from YT to live performance.

I once couldn't wait to perform, I almost couldn't sit still for anything else and that's just the 4th grade let alone 4th period music theory 8 years later... When I was younger, I jumped through so many ridiculous hoops to keep my little LA act together, Ricks got it lucky entertaining from his greenscreen Comfy Chair.

So lets see these lazy Rick Beatos go out in the public eye, secure a date, perform live, sell merch.

He won't. The Road will eat these guys alive.
05B8086E-0470-46CA-8D49-894C5EE08801.png
05B8086E-0470-46CA-8D49-894C5EE08801.png

Ed B

Reaction score
And this is nothing new.
Look up the movie "The Wrecking Crew"
That group of musicians was responsible for virtually every top-40 song of the surf/pop/motown late 60s/early 70s era. The Beach Boys sound like Jan and Dean because they were effectively the same band.

Some became successful solo acts, like Glen Campbell and Leon Russell.
The Beach Boys recordings were all from the studio musicians. The "band" only learned the songs well enough to perform live. Wilson found it much easier and more efficient to go into the studio with the crew rather than deal with the band... and this was true for Bread, 5th Dimension, etc....

Things changed a bit with the move in music to more recognizable bands through the 70s... at least with respect to hard rock/metal. Pop music where the focus is on the frontman/woman or pair has always and will always be the domain of the unseen studio musician.
But even among bands where the members are well known, as Rob said, you still draw your talent from the studio musician pool when auditioning, but whether you can actually play well is simply the first step in the audition process.

This is paying your dues.
Years of working 18 hour days... sometimes uncredited, rarely on stage, and never in the spotlight. The smart ones bank their income and live like paupers.
The Wrecking Crew was an even better documentary. Loved it.

cjpeck

Reaction score
the wrecking crew didn't play on motown records, that was a different bunch of cats.
Muscle Shoals had their own group of first call session guys too. As well as Stax and Chess.
Hell, every major studio had their own list of guys they'd use for everything. There was very little if any crossover outside of L.A.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Reklama na pojazdach tramwajowych jest postrzegana przez wszystkich użytkowników dróg bez ograniczeń. Często linia tramwajowa dzieli pasy ruchu jak szeroka centralna wyspa. Tutaj pośrodku porusza się bez przeszkód w godzinach szczytu. A jeśli tramwaj nie jedzie na osobnym środkowym pasie, reszta ruchu musi poczekać. Ze względu na szczególną uwagę, jaką przywiązuje się do tramwaju, reklama na tramwajach jest również aktywnie postrzegana. Dlatego tramwaj przyciąga wzrok w ruchu drogowym. <a href="https://bogdanelu.eu/articles/31/reklama-w-tramwajach.php">reklama na tramwajach Warszawa</a> należy do najciekawszych ze względu na dotarcie do klienta kampanii reklamowych
I call bullsh1t...

Come back when you’re wearing a mask...

..and properly! Not with you friggin’ nose sticking out!!!1!

cheers

Reactions: Qam

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Reklama na pojazdach tramwajowych jest postrzegana przez wszystkich użytkowników dróg bez ograniczeń. Często linia tramwajowa dzieli pasy ruchu jak szeroka centralna wyspa. Tutaj pośrodku porusza się bez przeszkód w godzinach szczytu. A jeśli tramwaj nie jedzie na osobnym środkowym pasie, reszta ruchu musi poczekać. Ze względu na szczególną uwagę, jaką przywiązuje się do tramwaju, reklama na tramwajach jest również aktywnie postrzegana. Dlatego tramwaj przyciąga wzrok w ruchu drogowym. <a href=".........">reklama na tramwajach Warszawa</a> należy do najciekawszych ze względu na dotarcie do klienta kampanii reklamowych
Reported

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Hey some guys have mental illness issues and if they are decent house players and want to make coin and show off all the power to them-and they got it made during these COVID times no tours.

parts

Reaction score
uggh
Easy for you to say..lol

Advertising on trams is perceived by all road users without restrictions. Often the tram line divides the lanes like a wide central island. Here in the middle, it moves freely during rush hour. And if the tram doesn't run in a separate middle lane, the rest of the traffic has to wait. Due to the special attention paid to the tram, advertising on trams is also actively perceived. That is why the tram is a real eye-catcher in road traffic. <a href="https://bogdanelu.eu/articles/31/reklama-w-tramwajach.php"> advertising on trams in Warsaw </a> is one of the most interesting because of reaching the client with advertising campaigns

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
uggh
Easy for you to say..lol

Advertising on trams is perceived by all road users without restrictions. Often the tram line divides the lanes like a wide central island. Here in the middle, it moves freely during rush hour. And if the tram doesn't run in a separate middle lane, the rest of the traffic has to wait. Due to the special attention paid to the tram, advertising on trams is also actively perceived. That is why the tram is a real eye-catcher in road traffic. <a href="https://bogdanelu.eu/articles/31/reklama-w-tramwajach.php"> advertising on trams in Warsaw </a> is one of the most interesting because of reaching the client with advertising campaigns
Still bullsh1t...

And where's yer mask? :laugh2:

Cheers

Speakerghost

Reaction score
it might just be a case of me being an asshole, but I'm so sick of hearing people talk about, "muh anxiety." Suddenly (seemingly) everyone in the past few years has anxiety and can't function as a human being. ... and half of them want weed prescriptions for 'their anxiety.. :rolleyes:

makes me want to be like that Cobra Kai scene where he throws the kids inhaler away.

"You can leave your asthma, and your peanut allergies, and all that other made up bullshit outside."
I am too, and I’m all about your Cobra Kai theory. Seriously, kids need something like that, I feel like we need “how to be a man” classes for this upcoming generation. I blame it on the cell phones. Constant approval seeking and judgment. And lack of social skills. Your anxiety will run you, until you run it. And being able to hide in your bedroom all day and become successful, doesn’t seem very good for that. Just my two cents... p.s. Cobra Kai never dies

Latest Threads