Reason Some YouTube Players Stay on YouTube

Malikon

Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Corona virus. The 'motional pups got ate

Barnaby

Reaction score
I find StevieT fine and really impressive as a player. I also have a lot of sympathy for his admission about what happened with Dragonforce. Over the years, I've encountered some amazing guitarists who feel that they can't perform live for one reason or another, and it's fine. I still respect their talent a lot. Better than the opposite, of course. Lousy guitarists with more ego than talent who stink up bands with their playing are way too common everywhere.

I say this as a lousy guitarist who has stunk up the stage more than once.

As for great guitarists on YT, I can't stop watching Julian Lage. Of course, he plays live all the time too.

golem

Reaction score
Enjoying playing is a lot different than enjoying playing for other people (which he does in videos) which is still a lot different in front of hundreds or thousands of people. If anxiety, or any other psychological issue, was the thing stopping him I'd hope he'd work to try to lessen or solve the issue. At the same time, I don't think everyone has to play out to be a guitarist. There's something to be said for playing for the sheer enjoyment of it. I don't really think there's a bad reason to play guitar (although I'm sure someone could come up with one).

Gmal

Reaction score
He got treated to an Audio Audit by the same guy who was behind the Rob Chapman debacle. Didn`like what I saw /heard....

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
He got treated to an Audio Audit by the same guy who was behind the Rob Chapman debacle. Didn`like what I saw /heard....

Yikes.
I haven't watched any of his content in at least a year... Looks like he's really gotten bad!

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems to me at least that many of the YouTube guys are really struggling with doing content.

Maybe the 'rona thing messed things up for them, and they're worried that the lifestyle pre-rona that they once enjoyed is coming to an end. I've seen many channels, both guitar and non-guitar related bitching that their income has been slashed almost 65-70%. That's quite a bit. But shit happens.

One guy I can't stand is The Tone King. He never answers a question from someone he doesn't know during his live streams, and only concentrates on questions from the paid super chats. Phil McKnight is the same way.

The one thing I really hate about the Tone King is when he gets an item from Sweetwater, and he eats a bit o' honey candy on camera and he smacks his mouth and chews loudly while breathing through his mouth. It just sounds disgusting. Don't eat while you're live streaming, just stick to coffee or water FFS.

Ok, rant over.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Yeah people hate on Stevie for picking on Richard Benson a man who likes to regularly humiliate himself And treats people like shit and refuses to get help for himself-I have mental illnesses dont have any sympathy for a guy like that.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys like The Tone King are one of the reasons I don't go to rock shows of any kind anymore.
The aging overweight guy in shorts that are too long giving the devil horns while still holding on to those rock star dreams are incredibly depressing.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
And fat guy power stance at 2:07 LOL!
Bingo!

The sad part is that there is almost no way for guys my age to look cool as a rocker where a kid thinks you’re bad ass. Some manage it but it’s hard, and if you don’t pull it off it gets ugly fast.
We had a guy in our hood who when younger had some degree of local success that fell into that category. He was living like a rock star in his late 40s off his wife’s paycheck thinking he was still going to make it. Eventually he packed up all his gear while his wife was at work and the kids were in school and headed out of town leaving them deep in debt.
On the other hand I have a lot of friends who enjoy the heck out of playing music in church, parties and the occasional bar. Some even play more music now that they’re not trying to make it.

Bluesky

Reaction score
it might just be a case of me being an asshole, but I'm so sick of hearing people talk about, "muh anxiety." Suddenly (seemingly) everyone in the past few years has anxiety and can't function as a human being. ... and half of them want weed prescriptions for 'their anxiety.. :rolleyes:

makes me want to be like that Cobra Kai scene where he throws the kids inhaler away.

"You can leave your asthma, and your peanut allergies, and all that other made up bullshit outside."

First off your NOT an asshole. And you are so right. You could do a ride along with me and start a drinking game with every person who blames their bad behavior on anxiety.

Malikon

Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People need to start acting like Adults again. The country's gone too soft and spoiled.

Latest Threads