Reason Some YouTube Players Stay on YouTube

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Because they have issues. Not bad issues, but enough to keep them out of bands and off of stages.
Over the years I’ve met incredible players that you hear about from someone, go meet them at their mom’s house invite them to jam, get blown away by their playing and it dies there. They just don’t want to, or can’t, think about being on stage.

But with the internet these people can now become famous, or even like the awkward kid down the street, make $60k doing game and movie reviews.

Here’s Stevie T telling his Dragon Force story.

Attachments

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
Stevie is like one of those guys we used to hear about that could blow everyone away but at best plays in his church’s folk group. At least these guys have an outlet.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I loved Stevie, till I didn't. It got old pretty quickly, but he CAN play.
Ditto.
I subbed and followed him for a few months, then got tired of the same thing over and over and unsubbed.
Current favs, Trogly, Rick Beato, Adam Neely, 12-Tone is fun every now and then, D-Lab, Uncle Doug...

DotStudio

Reaction score
I like Stevie in doses. Rick Beato is my favorite. I'm surprised Netflix or someone hasn't grabbed Rick for a series. He's incredibly engaging.

Jared Dines apparently did okay with Breaking Benjamin.

Screenshot_20191008-083541_YouTube.jpg

James R

Reaction score
Personally, I’ve never had patience for that kid, but there’s no doubt he can shred.
That’s a pretty huge opportunity for him to bow out of, anxiety sucks, so I feel for the guy.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Personally, I’ve never had patience for that kid, but there’s no doubt he can shred.
That’s a pretty huge opportunity for him to bow out of, anxiety sucks, so I feel for the guy.
it might just be a case of me being an asshole, but I'm so sick of hearing people talk about, "muh anxiety." Suddenly (seemingly) everyone in the past few years has anxiety and can't function as a human being. ... and half of them want weed prescriptions for 'their anxiety.. :rolleyes:

makes me want to be like that Cobra Kai scene where he throws the kids inhaler away.

"You can leave your asthma, and your peanut allergies, and all that other made up bullshit outside."

Last edited:

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it might just be a case of me being an asshole, but I'm so sick of hearing people talk about, "muh anxiety." Suddenly (seemingly) everyone in the past few years has anxiety and can't function as a human being. ... and half of them want weed prescriptions for 'their anxiety.. :rolleyes:
Fine with me....more room for people who don't have anxiety or at least face their fear and do it anyway.

James R

Reaction score

makes me want to be like that Cobra Kai scene where he throws the kids inhaler away.

"You can leave your asthma, and your peanut allergies, and all that other made up bullshit outside."
Loved that scene!

I can see your point, to an extent, but I’ve suffered from extreme anxiety during one of the darkest times of my life, and can tell you from first hand experience, that it ain’t no joke.
I’d seriously take physical pain, up to and including broken bones, over extreme mental health issues.

One of the reasons you’re seeing and hearing so much about it these days is that the social stigma of it is finally beginning to lift. People no longer have to feel embarrassed about their cognitive brain functions and how they’re messing their thought patterns up beyond control.

All that being said, I also believe that many people are claiming victim status of mental health disorders because it’s an easy excuse to be lazy and anti social, so there’s that side of it too.

In the end, I’m ok hearing about it more because I believe that it truly helps to talk about it when you’re that deep in your own head.
I needed therapy, so I got it, and it helped me get control of my body and brain again, so I’m very thankful for that.

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I agree I think it's a lot of this...

I also believe that many people are claiming victim status of mental health disorders because it’s an easy excuse to be lazy and anti social, so there’s that side of it too.

and not a whole lot of this

I needed therapy, so I got it, and it helped me get control of my body and brain again, so I’m very thankful for that.

and honestly, (not to make light of your situation at all) but everyone has anxiety, it's part of life. Dealing with and overcoming it is part of being a functioning human adult.

I don't like planes, I don't like flying, and I don't like heights. And every time I get on a plane I'm pretty much convinced I'm going to die and I'm walking onto my death machine. When I leave the house for the airport there's a part of me that thinks I'll never see the house again.

But I still have to fly a few times a year though for my job, and it's not a quick flight either it's coast to coast with usually at least one landing/takeoff somewhere else in the middle of the flight. So one flight can have two or three takeoffs and landings, ... which I hate.

But that's life I don't really have much choice in the matter. Yeah it freaks me out, yeah I hate it... I still have to do it though. It's just part of life.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Every psychologist knows that the ONLY way to deal with your anxiety or fear is to face it....not run away or be sheltered from it. And we are raising a generation that gets sheltered from things that upset them.

dissaffected

Reaction score
But if you have anxiety you get scripts of zanax and valium and klonopin. Kinda explains the surge in addiction to benzos.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know who this is.