Reamping and Two Notes Torpedo Captor

rosslewis76

Reaction score
Howdy,

I recently bought an Orange Rocker 15 Terror and a Captor Torpedo (this feeds into my Steinberg UR44 interface) so that I can run the Orange at full noise and not disturb anyone when playing normally and also record a nice Amp sound instead of using BIASFX2 as I have been doing (I really like BFX2 but I do love the sound of a cranked tube amp...who doesn't?).

So after recording a couple of things and being pretty happy with the sound I'm getting I had the idea of reamping the other songs we did using BIAS FX...the signal went in dry so it should be a perfect candidate, right?

I had a look online and decided I'd go for a cheaper option of reamp box as I'm not totally sure what I'm doing and settled on the Palmer Dicappo which seems like a decent bit of kit.

Logically I would've expected to go from the Steinberg out to the Palmer, into the pedal board, into the amp, into the captor (still using the amp sim) and back into the steinberg. However, all I seem to get is huge amounts of feedback which I think is probably down to the Captor not liking the signal coming through.

I'm not sure what to do about it - I'm assuming this is why Two Notes have a whole box which is a DI/Load and Reamp box for precisely this reason.

The other alternative is that I crank the amp up to where I want it and that to the two notes to attenuate the signal, send that signal to the speaker in the my Bugera, mic up that speaker and have it at a moderate volume and then feed that back into the Steinberg. I know this isn't a great option but it's the only one I can think of where I don't need to go back into the Two Notes.

I can't have the volume up too loud on anything so I don't know how good the quality will be going from the cranked orange through the attenuator to the cab...

Has anyone else tried this and had the same issue and, if so, how did you get around it?

Cheers

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this through headphones or monitor speakers?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
it could be an issue with live monitoring of the input. exactly like a mic would on stage facing guitar amp. I always play takes with headphones. so you might want to try headphones if it sorts it, that's the issue, if not not sure what to suggest, not tried reamping yet. So no real experience of the issues it might through up.

rosslewis76

Reaction score
OK cool, thanks, I think that's the only thing I didn't try (my usual fix-all of swearing at it and getting angry didn't work). I'll try it later and see if that works...and if not I'll have a go at mic'ing up the cab on the combo and see if I can get anything resembling a decent sound from that. But I do think that the issue is the Captor - I'll keep you posted!

Latest Threads