Really Wanting To Pull The Trigger On A Bourbon Burst 60's

Leumas

Reaction score
If anybody remembers back in the wild west days of MLP I stated many times loudly that I would NEVER buy a new Gibson while Hank was at the helm. An easy threat to make with such a nice used market out there...but now Hank is not at the helm. And the new guy/team rolled out a line-up that I have been wishing for for years.

I love the no-nonsense, easy to understand, and logical order of the new guitars. Make the standard the standard, put the experimental stuff on a different line, and as a bonus they brought the prices back in line with the real world.

I am in love with the Bourbon burst finish, and the grovers, I'm not sure about the neck though. I need to get out and play a few of these and see how they feel. I could live with the tobacco burst, but the Bourbon is dead sexy.

Attachments

Benniator

Reaction score
I’m pretty biased, but I love my Bourbon Burst. The ‘60s neck fits my hand better than the more rounded neck on my old Epiphone. Plus, in my opinion, the Bourbon Burst is one of few bursts that look equally good with a plain or flame top.

brianbzed

Reaction score
If anybody remembers back in the wild west days of MLP I stated many times loudly that I would NEVER buy a new Gibson while Hank was at the helm. An easy threat to make with such a nice used market out there...but now Hank is not at the helm. And the new guy/team rolled out a line-up that I have been wishing for for years.

I love the no-nonsense, easy to understand, and logical order of the new guitars. Make the standard the standard, put the experimental stuff on a different line, and as a bonus they brought the prices back in line with the real world.

I am in love with the Bourbon burst finish, and the grovers, I'm not sure about the neck though. I need to get out and play a few of these and see how they feel. I could live with the tobacco burst, but the Bourbon is dead sexy.

yep! definitely bad-ass! reminds me of a Mike Bloomfield signature.........I want one!

Guitpicky

Reaction score
So... a possible, potential, maybe NGD coming?

Your own tastes may differ but I'd look for a better top than the one pictured. I've seen a few stunning "AA" graded tops on the new Standards. Then again I like exciting tops, some folks don't.

Best of luck finding one you really like :)

Leumas

Reaction score

Your own tastes may differ but I'd look for a better top than the one pictured. I've seen a few stunning "AA" graded tops on the new Standards. Then again I like exciting tops, some folks don't.

If I pull the trigger on one I'm definitely going to have to play it first. I can't spend that kind of dough without knowing what I'm getting in to.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
If I pull the trigger on one I'm definitely going to have to play it first. I can't spend that kind of dough without knowing what I'm getting in to.
I dont blame you. I've only bought cheap guitars sight unseen.

Leumas

Reaction score

I don't mind that top, but I wouldn't buy one without having it in my hands first. It's funny, I was looking now that sweetwater has actual photos up I was noticing that some of them have really terrible (IMO) tops, like half flame, half plain type stuff.

look at this beauty!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I don't mind that top, but I wouldn't buy one without having it in my hands first. It's funny, I was looking now that sweetwater has actual photos up I was noticing that some of them have really terrible (IMO) tops, like half flame, half plain type stuff.

look at this beauty!

Like real estate, every problem comes with a price. I'd ask for a discount for that tomfoolery.

Benniator

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger. I played a 60s at gc and loved it at GC. It was not the bourbon, but I got on well with the neck so I ordered from sweetwater. Incoming NGD!!!
Congrats! Have a Sweetwater pic?

sliberty

Reaction score
Those Bourbon Burst finishes are gorgeous. I would have gotten one if it came in a 50’s neck. But for me, the neck is king. So I bought Heritage Cherry, which is much nicer than I expected. Love the guitar. I’m sure you’ll love your 60’s as well.