Really sweet live rig

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
My company held its annual meeting this week and I hired a blues trio to provide music. It took place in a waterpark so the acoustics kinda sucked, but one of the guitarists had a sweet rig - a '62 ES-something (the one with P-90s) into a gold horsey Klon Centaur into some sort of Fendery head (probably an FYD) into a '57 Tweed Deluxe. He managed to sound really great given the venue. The whole band was quite impressive.

Anyhow, thought some of you might appreciate some gear shots. Couldn't get a decent sounding video, unfortunately.

20190605_181209.jpg

20190605_192452.jpg

20190605_180818.jpg

EasyAce

Reaction score
Nice ES-330 he's playing! That Fendery head as you put it looks almost like it could be the separate reissue stand-alone spring reverb unit Fender revived earlier this decade.

Dick Banks

Reaction score
Nice ES-330 he's playing! That Fendery head as you put it looks almost like it could be the separate reissue stand-alone spring reverb unit Fender revived earlier this decade.
Nice!

By the way, with respect the other guitarist--doing one of my previous "pet-peeves," sitting while playing.

Something you see more and more of, now that the really good bands are getting older, and something I've become more and more tolerant of...

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Nice!

By the way, with respect the other guitarist--doing one of my previous "pet-peeves," sitting while playing.

Something you see more and more of, now that the really good bands are getting older, and something I've become more and more tolerant of...
I believe that guy is in his 80s. He said he has been playing professionally since the late 50s. I think he's earned the right to sit down. ;)

EasyAce

Reaction score
Nice!

Never bothered me seeing a guitarist sit while playing . . . some of the greats were doing it before they got old (or dead) . . .

p.s. my own pet peeve is the phrase "pet peeve." ;)

("One of these days I'm going to buy a dog and name him Peeve, so I can introduce him to friends in the thrill of indignation, 'This is my pet, Peeve'."---William Safire.)

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Snark tuner on the headstock?! ughhhh..I'd rather wear my underwear over my pants.