Really disappointed for this

Gollum67

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I don't know if there a space for complaints about quality issues on les paul assembly, so I'm sorry with you for this if I wrong section. However recently I purchased Les paul 57 goldtop darkback '57 anniversary. Well, after a while I noticed one of the four screw that keep the input jack almost totally unscrewed. I cheched and remove the squared cover and and I found this poor job. The picture explain better than my words. Incredible. You can't wrong in this way for the price of this guitar above all if you are the custom shop,
unacceptable!!!:mad::mad::mad:
20190116_000255.jpg

dngrsdave

Reaction score
I agree, It Sucks.
What can You do ?
Make a New Jack plate that's a bit wider so you can cover up those screw holes. Problem Solved.

Plus, Now you'll have a "Custom" guitar

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
May be a dumb question, but since you said "anniversary model", and it's a 57 Reissue....did you buy the guitar new or used? If used, how can you be sure it left the factory like that?

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
May be a dumb question, but since you said "anniversary model", and it's a 57 Reissue....did you buy the guitar new or used? If used, how can you be sure it left the factory like that?
Well, it's evident that the main route isn't aligned with the four holes. I see no extra holes so....

I think this is a 60th Anniversary, '57 GT dark back, so a 2017 model.

Gollum67

Reaction score
The guitar is brand new, one month of life, but yes is maybe end of 2017

Last edited:

moreles

Reaction score
That's build failure that also got thorough QC. It happens too often with Gibson, and it's inexcusable. They're just throwing money away Unhappy employees assemblers, not luthiers) and poor supervision = waste. Presumably, the new management will improve things for workers, products, and consumers, though that remains to be seen.

ESchmidt

Reaction score
I have the EXACT same issue on my 2000 Gibson LP Classic.

NINFNM

Reaction score
If at Gibson they don't want to trash the whole guitar, they should sells it as factory second, with a lower price

MooCheng

Reaction score
symptomatic of a workforce who feel disenchanted and have no reason to care.
Gibson's problems are deep rooted, Henry's legacy may be remain for some time

irocdave12

Reaction score
That's not something you can expect QC to catch. That's on the dumbass who was at the Jack plate station that day. QC is going to look to see if the Jack is there with four screws period. The expectation that QC is going to disassemble a guitar to check things like that is unrealistic and if done would tremendously slow things down and likely add cost to guitar down the line.