Real or Fake, I can’t tell?

dcurran87

Reaction score
The top of the headstock is glowing a totally different shade than the bottom under the blacklight.

Someone has messed around with this guitar way too much.

My guess is a previous neck/headstock repair and a refinish to make it look like an older custom. Diamond inlay looks too small as well.

Way too many red flags to spend much money on it it.

But if it felt good in the hand, sounded good and you could get a steal price I'd take it. If I was confident it wasn't a Gibson after checking body routes etc I'd then remove the Gibson logo and play the crap out of it!

MT0rr03

Reaction score
It doesn’t look like a Norlin era 70’s LP Custom. The finish should have aged to almost a banana yellow color. It’s also common to see the pancake body construction on a Norlin era guitar. I think the biggest stop sign is the lack of a volute. I’d like to see the back of the pickups. The real Gibson LP should have either T-Tops or Tarback humbuckers.

I would pass on this guitar. There are too many fishy things going on with it…

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if it plays good, sounds good and stays in tune, why not offer $200 for it and see what happens?
I could spend $200 at a nice restaurant..... I could spend $200 at the grocery store..... I know I’m going to spend $200 filling up my cars.

But like Meatloaf said...... “.... but I won’t do that”

Lol.

Madlad

Reaction score
The velute is not there maybe the neck broke and the velute has been sanded off and painted over to cover it up

BadPenguin

Reaction score
There's JUST enough wrong with it to make me go.... NOPE, NOT INTERESTED!

Latest Threads