Real Gibson PIO capacitors coming soon?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Man is it just me or is that a bizarre way to wire it up? Looks like they got the bridge pup running to the ground lug. Unless they forgot the bridge signal wire in the diagram? Are you interpreting that as the one cap side is going to the ground lug too? That's very confusing that layout. I'd want to try to use them in a 50's style harness if possible.
The way these ground is really a mess. There is a metal washer that you run jumper wires to from all the lugs. TBH I thought these were such a pain I haven't wanted to use them again. But, a lot do like them.

IIRC the #2 lug is the wiper for the pot. The lugs are all numbered.

irocdave12

Reaction score
The way these ground is really a mess. There is a metal washer that you run jumper wires to from all the lugs. TBH I thought these were such a pain I haven't wanted to use them again. But, a lot do like them.

IIRC the #2 lug is the wiper for the pot. The lugs are all numbered.
I'm going to try to call them this week because attempts to get info over email in past hasn't worked. I want to know difference between the model 82 pots and model 95 pots are. And in the diagram you posted I still don't see the signal path from bridge pup shown, only the ground. Either way that looks like a modern wiring layout and I only want to use them in a 50's style

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm going to try to call them this week because attempts to get info over email in past hasn't worked. I want to know difference between the model 82 pots and model 95 pots are. And in the diagram you posted I still don't see the signal path from bridge pup shown, only the ground. Either way that looks like a modern wiring layout and I only want to use them in a 50's style
It is modern. I couldn't find any info on 50s style. Never used the 95s so I can't say anything on them. Personally I find traditional metal pots just plain easier to deal with, but I wanted to experiment I guess. There is something about these pots that they call "internally grounded" and that might explain your questions on the diagram. Since I wasn't sure, I just followed that.

irocdave12

Reaction score
It is modern. I couldn't find any info on 50s style. Never used the 95s so I can't say anything on them. Personally I find traditional metal pots just plain easier to deal with, but I wanted to experiment I guess. There is something about these pots that they call "internally grounded" and that might explain your questions on the diagram. Since I wasn't sure, I just followed that.
I might be a knuckle head and missing something obvious but do you notice there is only one lead coming from the bridge pick up in their diagram? I'm just not seeing how your going to get any sound out of that without the hot lead lol

Roxy13

Reaction score
I might be a knuckle head and missing something obvious but do you notice there is only one lead coming from the bridge pick up in their diagram? I'm just not seeing how your going to get any sound out of that without the hot lead lol
No, you are right :rofl: Just do it the same as the neck and you'll be fine! If I noticed at the time I put them in that there was a goof in the diagram, I don't remember anymore, but yes the hot must also be connected :)

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Luxe makes excellent retro caps, but I can personally attest that they (Luxe Radio) had a hard enough time supplying smaller companies on-time.

grayd8

Reaction score
Nice to see them upping their game, although I’m a bit concerned on what it’s going to do to the price of Luxe caps. If they ditched the custombuckers and put either Wizz, Ox4’s or throwbacks depending on the natural tone of the guitar people probably wouldn’t upgrade them much.

Mookakian

Reaction score
I think its a great idea, always wondered why they spent time with auto tuners and fancy neckplates when all they really need to do is go back to spending time ensuring quality is used, i just hope they keep up graphtech or bone nuts and decent hardware to go with it, ok... make a cheap model for beginners but the rest... Get back to being a tool by gibson at a reasonable price.

Now if only they still had some well seasoned slow grown wood to go with it all to help cliamate changes have less effect on the setup :naughty:

Latest Threads